Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget.
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices regarding all program financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed.
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Cash management including preparation of monthly projection to Headquarters, monitoring of cash balances
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data.
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required.
- Work closely with field subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed in accordance with Creative / USAID policies and procedures
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance & Contracts for review and approval by the Controller.
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices.
- Provide Chief of Party with project’s current financial status
- Develop a financial procedures manual
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes.
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience;
- Experience managing the financial activities for a project of similar size;
- Experience with USAID project finances and budgeting (preferred) or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies;
- Competent in using computers and financial software;
- Experience managing teams;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English essential;
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team; and
- Somali nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.