Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Overview and Reporting Line:
Reducing Insecurity and Violent Extremism in the Northern and Coastal regions of Kenya (REINVENT) is a five-year programme funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). REINVENT is implementing 4 workstreams that cover Policing, Countering Violent Extremism, Tackling Violence against Women and Girls (TVAWG), Election Security, and adaptation, learning and communications. REINVENT additionally has three crosscutting themes closely linked to peace and conflict resilience: improving climate change resilience, conflict sensitivity and gender mainstreaming. REINVENT works with strategic state and non-state actors and other stakeholders to enhance safety, security and stability in 12 counties. REINVENT has a strong focus on building new knowledge and learning to improve the design and implementation of interventions in a complex context. Research and evidence are a key and integral part of the programme.
The Impact of the REINVENT programme is “Improved community safety and security as measured by the effect on inclusive and equitable development, investment and service delivery in Kenya.” The Outcome is “Improved state and non-state actors’ collaboration in a mutually accountable and inclusive manner to respond effectively to root causes of violence”.
The outputs are:
- Accountable and effective police (and other security agencies) addressing community security, violent extremism and election security.
- Strengthened agency of women and girls in peace, safety and security.
- Intra and inter-institutional commitment to address the root causes and drivers of conflict.
- Knowledge and evidence generated and utilised to enhance community and institutional learning and adaptation.
- The REINVENT program is seeking a Finance Officer who will be responsible for providing support to the implementation of the RE-INVENT programme and TT Shared Kenya services by supporting accurate and consistent financial management.
- Based primarily in Tetra Tech’s Nairobi office, this role will report to the REINVENT Finance and Grants Manager and has no direct reports. The Officer will work closely with the Finance and Grants Manager and the Head of Finance.
- Ensure financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, are filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements, and financial audits.
- Review of Petty Cash book and ensure that the transactions are properly authorized and supported.
- Ensure Bank Reconciliations are done in good time and filed as required.
- Ensure payments and acquittals are processed in good time. This includes regular updates to the advance register.
- Ensure payments are posted in the QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Check and ensure that all procurement processes and expenditures of the project are in accordance with the Tetra Tech procedure during payments and acquittals of advances.
- Check budget lines to ensure that all transactions are booked to the correct budget lines.
- Support procurement in the management of supplier contracts, contract tracking and order follow-up.
- Ensure that project-related taxes are processed and paid in good time. This will entail the review of the I-tax ledger on a regular basis identifying unpaid taxes and informing the Head of Finance of the same.
- Ensure the Advance Register is up to date and pending advances are followed up regularly Support the programme team in ensuring Programme Internal requests are processed in good time.
- Support the Finance and grants Manager in the review of partner financial reports, partner acquittals, partner payments and conducting spot checks.
- Support the Finance & Grants Manager in conducting Partner Internal Audits & spot checks.
- Assist in maintaining the Partner Asset Register.
- Support the Finance & Grants Manager and PMU in conducting Partner Due Diligence and Onboarding.
- Support the Finance & Grants Manager in maintaining the Partnership Disbursement Tracker.
- Support the Head of Finance in processing Tetra Tech International Development Kenya-related expenses and any other shared project expenses.
- Support the Head of Finance in processing Tetra Tech International Development Kenya tax returns including VAT, Instalment Taxes and Corporate Taxes.
Aptitude and skills:
- Adhere to all security advice from Tetra Tech’s Risk Management Team.
- Adhere to Tetra Tech International Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Adhere to Tetra Tech International’s behaviours: Ingenuity, Collaboration, Respect, Intelligent Risk, Integrity and Delivery.
- Engage in the activities of the Programme Management Team and contribute to the progression of the programme, to ensure delivery of project outputs and outcomes in line with RE-INVENT’s logframe. This will involve routine programme meetings (each week) to undertake a detailed review of progress against the logframe, adjusting work plans and resourcing on an ongoing basis to remain on track.
- Some out-of-hours work may be required.
- Any other duties as may be required for the exigency of the programme.