Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring harmonisation of group reporting and presentation of financial information that conforms to IFRS and aligns very closely with Liberty Holdings Limited standards and Standard Bank Group. The role holder will work closely with the Heads of Finance in the operating countries
- Review and ensure financial disclosures from various entities are credible for group consolidation.
- In conjunction with Group IFRS, ensure uniformity of Liberty Kenya Group reporting and disclosures.
- Key Group resource for consolidation through HFM
- Support Opcos finance teams with resolving all HFM queries in liaison with LHL Group finance teams.
- Review the GL mapping to HFM for consistency with LHL Group
- Support Opco finance teams in migration from SAP ECC to S4HANA
- Coordinate materials from all stakeholders required for group annual integrated report.
- Liberty Kenya Holdings Group consolidation and preparation of ‘typeset’ LKH Plc group annual financial
- statements for local statutory reporting.
- Pack reporting to Group Finance within deadlines for Liberty Holdings consolidation reporting.
- Ensure controls are adequate and effective.
- Liaise with independent auditors and ensure interim and final reviews are properly coordinated.
- Business strategic reviews including financial modelling, going concern assessments and assessments for capital adequacy.
- Preparation of Financial results publication “Press releases” for both interim and Full year.
- Generate financial metrics for use in the integrated report.
- Ensure intercompany balances are kept always reconciled.
- Board papers preparation.
- Responsible for day-to-day LKH Plc financial operations.
- Any other LKH functions that may be assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in executive management
- 5 years reporting experience.
- Experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage
- Skilled in use of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Business analytics
- Deep understanding of all lines of insurance
- Financial statement preparation and general financial management knowledge
- Technical report writing skills
- High degree of understanding of IFRS and in particular IFRS 17
- Pro activeness
- Leadership skills
- Getting stuck into the detail / get involved
- High standards of integrity and professionalism
- Innovation and creativity
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent commercial and business experience
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Relating and networking
- Working with people
- Adapting and responding to change
- Deciding and initiating action
- Persuading and infuencing
- Presenting and communicating information
- Leading and supervising
- Creating and innovating
- Adhering to principles and values
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, you are encouraged to forward your application and updated CV to email@example.com by 28th November, 2023. Clearly state the job title on the subject heading. Heritage is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.