Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
As Financial Accounts Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring expense-related accounting activities are accurate. You will resolve accounting and SAP related issue escalations and partner with our central payment team, Ariba and SAP users and other relevant payment partners to continuously improve our processes. You will support the effort to ensure payments are made timely. You will provide sound management information and interpretation while ensuring high standards of financial control.
In this role, you will be responsible for all accounts payable processes for Upfield East and Southern Africa (ESA) third party accounts, ensuring all key performance metrics are achieved monthly including payment on time (POT) Purchase Order compliance (POC) and first pass yield (FPY) within East and Southern Africa (ESA) as per the Global Upfield policy.
You will manage key accounts especially revenue authorities and third-party vendors and customers, reconciling vendor statements and maintaining liaison with suppliers to ensure payments are made promptly and accounts stay current and provide data for working capital forecasting requirements for third party debtors and creditors.
In this role, you will also be responsible for ensuring that the company meets all legal and ethical requirements during all its business operations.
You will join a passionate, talented, and hungry team recognized for their unconditional delivery mindset. You will love working within this team with your service minded and can-go mentality.
As Financial Accounts Manager you will be a key member of market unit finance team you will:
- Review and posting of overheads costs such as international travel costs and reclassification for month end reporting to the correct general ledger and cost centers.
- Partner with the Brand Marketing Investment (BMI) team to review Key BMI suppliers and internal orders to resolve payment issues.
- Initiate tax urgent requests and one-time vendor manual payments on share point tool while guiding all users within the business to raise urgent, advance and one-time vendor payments.
- Conduct business support centre (BSC) training aimed at resolving all payment issues and invoice management tool workflow for all users within the business at specified locations helping to reduce outstanding workflow.
- Provide information and offering support to different audit requirements which have included KPMG external audit, PWC and Upfield internal audit, internal financial controls assessment for PTP.
- Ensure third party net position is within tolerance risk levels and working capital requirements by offsetting both customer and vendor balances and sharing with the local finance leadership team.
- Flagged and advise on resolution of third-party customers long outstanding debts to ensure appropriate provisions.
- Regularly communicate with shared service teams IBM and operating centers (OC) to ensure PTP service level agreements (SLAs) are met month on month.
- Monitor the travel and expenses Concur system to improve controls and efficiency on personal expenses incurred for business purposes while ensuring timely payments.
- Ensure that all new employees vendor accounts are created in SAP by sharing the people soft forms and vendor creation templates with the employee, MDM team and obtaining all necessary approvals.
Skills, Experience And Qualifications
- A qualified, registered accountant with either CPA or ACCA
- University Graduate in Finance or a business-related field
- Finance professional qualifications (or working toward completion)
- Must have an experience in a P2P role within FMCG company
- Self-drive and agile
- Working knowledge with an ERP system preferably SAP is required.