Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- The Controller is responsible for short and long term planning and the daily operations of the department
- Develops and recommends the department’s budget and objectives and manages within those approved plans.
- The Controller is responsible for reporting financial results to the General Manager, Accor head office and owners.”
- Establishes, coordinates and administers all financial systems, internal controls and the hotel’s capital expenditure plan.
- Prepares and reviews budgets, forecasts, operating results, financial reports and tax returns in compliance with government regulations
- Responsible for planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in the activities of All Accounting personnel; IT, Purchasing and Stores of the Hotel.
- Active participation and monitoring on the financial aspects of COCKPIT / FOCUS and ISO 9001 as per Accor Policy (Sun system/ opera/ micros etc.).
- Ensure compliance of all accounting system, procedures and reports with established accounting and control standards and procedures in compliance with all government regulations and Accor Policy as approved by the owners.
- Anticipate and address guest issues and establish proactive processes to promote guest satisfaction.
- Interacts in a positive way with all team members to ensure excellent guest experience.
- Supervision of the front office.
- Maintain good relations with banks to facilitate operation in the hotel.
- Maintain good relationship with government to facilitate the handling of such hotel functions as tax matters, import licenses and customs clearances.
- Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establish or recommend to management major economic objectives and policies for the hotel.
- Support General Manager by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports to summarize and forecast the hotel’s revenues, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Assist all department heads in the preparation of their respective budgets and feasibility studies and whenever any financial information or expertise is required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Direct, coordinate and participate in all activities of Accounting personnel, such as:
- preparing management reports, financial statements and related accounting reports;
- receiving, storing, issuing, accounting for, and controlling the cost of food, beverage, general supplies, operating equipment and fixed assets; reconciliation of all revenue requisition needed equipment, materials and supplies; receiving, keeping, depositing, and disbursing funds; preparing, controlling and maintaining all vouchers and cheques; processing and preparing all credit applications; auditing all revenue reports of the hotel;
- Be an inspiration to all hotel staff to achieve luxury levels of performance.
- Is an integral part of the business team, attends all scheduled meetings and contribute actively with proper preparation.
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations, utilizing internal controls, auditing and security procedures.
- Ensure the collection of payments in accordance with company policies.
- Monitor hotel expenses to stay within budget guidelines, as well as gather and report financial information to the General Manager.
- Ensures optimal compliance with corporate focus audit.
- HND/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or in any other related field
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or in any other related field, ICAN, or ACCA is also an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years managerial work experience in an accounting firm or hotel
- Special skills in Sun, Opera and micros systems.
- Excellent communications, organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and application programs
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Capability of dealing with crisis or emergency situations effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team