Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organization and the second biggest organization in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organizations forming one of the world’s largest aid organizations. Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organization and the second biggest organization in Finland working in humanitarian aid. FCA is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organizations forming one of the world’s largest aid organizations.
Finn Church Aid Kenya is looking for a
Project Officer – 1 Position
Duty Station: Samburu
Start Date: 1st February 2023
To ensure that quality hygiene promotion and mentorship activities are well integrated into the Education in Emergency, WASH, Nutrition, Health, and protection at School and Community level. He/she will be responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of mentorship and hygiene promotion components at school and community level. The position also requires proper management of the financial, material, and other resources under the program. This position is under direct supervision of the Senior Education Specialist.
Tasks and duties:
- Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of mentorship & hygiene promotion interventions in the program.
- Ensure that the mentorship & hygiene promotion activities in the ongoing out of school project (OOSC) are implemented in a timely and professional manner while considering beneficiary needs.
- Establish/strengthen, train, manage and supervise school WASH clubs and school health volunteers including PTAs (parent-teacher association), BOMs on basics of participatory hygiene promotion/education, methods/approaches, and communication and facilitation skills
- Adopt participatory learning approaches/methods for community water, hygiene and sanitation.
- Maintain open and professional relationship with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable work teams to successfully complete their tasks on time and within budget line.
- Organize/facilitate group awareness sessions on hygiene practices in the community and other identified locations.
- Organize/facilitate mentorship sessions in the schools (primary and secondary) and community and other identified locations.
- Participate in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene with the supervisor and provide training sessions to community, schools and/or to targeted populations.
- Coordinate dissemination of WASH in schools’ policies, strategies, MHM handbook, Hygiene promotion handbook to teachers.
- Training teachers in the schools on menstrual hygiene management (MHM) and Hygiene promotion handbooks.
- Support data collection for WASH in schools through NEMIS in close collaboration with UNICEF.
- Participate in the monitoring of all hygiene promotion, and community mobilization activities to ensure target communities behavior change and project ownership.
- Mobilize, organize and supervise, through facilitators or other means, members of the communities to take ownership of maintaining best practices in personal, community and environmental hygiene.
- Conduct participatory hygiene promotion sessions within communities, groups of persons with specific needs, according to age, gender and diversity, community-based committees and other groups, such as duty bearers and stakeholders.
- Prepare work plan, provide weekly updates and monthly progress reports and other reports.
- Initiate procurement to ensure adequate supplies for hygiene and sanitation promotion activities.
- Coordinate with other Implementing Partners (IPs) in harmonizing hygiene promotion/education interventions – plan and celebrate world event days (Global handwashing day , MHM day , World Water Day, World Toilet Day etc) and raise awareness of the school community through celebration of event days .
- Document and share lessons learned and success stories in relation to hygiene to inform future programming.
- Any additional responsibility as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental/Public Health/Education/Social Science or equivalent training/experience in related technical field.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ practical work experience working with vulnerable communities in the field of, WASH, mentorship, hygiene or public health and experience in behavior change activities.
- Familiarity with key health and hygiene promotion/education/mentorship activities.
- Experience of training design, delivery, facilitation, mentoring and building the capacity of communities and partners is desirable.
- Experience in organizing campaigns on key hygiene themes – Preferable Previous experience of implementing institutional (schools & health facilities) hygiene promotions/educations.
- Knowledge of participatory approaches hygiene promotion and sanitation methods (e.g. PHAST, CLTS/H, CHC, CHAST) be an added advantage.
- Essential Very good at a computer, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and e-mail)
Personal Traits & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong reporting skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Integrity, objectivity and professional competence
- Demonstrated sensitivity to (cultural) diversity and gender issues
How to apply
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com stating the vacancy job title in the subject line
Deadline for receiving applications is 26th January 2023
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications.