IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Quality Control Supervisor- Engineering
Position: Quality Control Supervisor- Engineering
Reports to: HSEQ Manager
Location: Various regions in Kenya
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Quality Control Supervisor. Successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring quality in the project execution activities, verifying they all meet the required quality standards, participating on all the quality control related activities, support the auditing vendors and contractors and coordinating with third party authorities for quality validation/certification.
Main responsibilities and activities
– To verify that the requirements of the Project Quality Plan are satisfied by project/facilities execution activities, making sure project technical integrity is met.
– To support on the quality control tests selection and interpretation of test results according to the Project’s engineering and construction codes approved.
– Review and approved Contractor’s ITPs according to the Project’s engineering and construction codes approved.
– Implementing, monitoring the Project Quality Control System
– Collect and report data and results of the quality inspection performed, and test results.
– Ensure a proper reporting on Quality Control data.
– Provide support for the adequate and continuous assessments of the Quality capabilities and performances of contractors.
– Coordinating Quality Control activities (inspections as per approved QCP’s) and resources (Quality Engineers and Inspectors) within Construction Sites and workshops.
– Implement QC procedures and forms required for inspection, release, and non-conformance management.
– Verify that all Quality Control verifications are performed in accordance with the approved Inspection and Test Plans.
– To monitor, control and validate the welding inspections performed by Contractor’s counterpart.
– To monitor, control and validate the concrete quality inspections performed by Contractor’s counterpart.
– To monitor, control and validate the painting quality inspections performed by Contractor’s counterpart.
– Participate on site construction meetings between company and contractor.
– Review and comment Contractors and Vendors quality plan, relevant quality control plans and procedures making sure they are following Company requirements.
– Carrying out technical audits to Vendors and Contractors.
– Provide reports as required to management on QC related matters and advise on any critical issues arising relating to QC.
Qualification and Experience
– Engineering Degree preferred (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent).
– Professionally qualified quality system certifier (preferred).
– Accreditation in QA/QC Codes and Standards (CSWIP, ASME Sections V, VIII, IX, and B31.1 & 31.9, AWS D1.1, NACE, ISO 9001).
– At least 5 years of Oil & Gas Industry experience.
– At least 5 years of quality assurance and control experience or equivalent.
– Welding Inspection Courses Level II
– Coating Inspection Courses Level II
– Concrete Application
– Hazard Identification
– Asset Integrity Management System
– Quality Control course.
Required knowledge, Technical or Professional skills
– Quality & Safety: System Management Development & Implementation, Audit & Certification Activities, Guidelines & Procedure Definitions, Business Integration, Customer Satisfaction.
– Knowledge on Civil Quality Control, Welding of Structural elements, and Piping. HSE Risk Analysis and Job Safety Analysis.
Required personal capabilities
Analysis, Planning and control, Problem Solving, Results orientation, Communication skills, Networking, Teamwork, Team leadership, Positive attitude, Energy, Resilience, Openness, Flexibility / lateral thinking, Long term vision, Decision-making, Initiative.