Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the Chief accountant, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Auditing, reconciling, and analyzing the Hotel Daily revenues by ensuring night audit daily checks are done; packaging reconciliation, reviewing daily reports before they are circulated, ensuring revenue taxes are accounted for in accordance with the laws and regulations, ensuring daily banking’s are reconciled and any over-and shortages are investigated.
- Performing monthly end month procedures related to revenue by ensuring all the revenue and collections are reconciled.
- Examining all food, beverage and general items invoices, verifying quantities ordered and received against the order sheets and purchase orders.
- Comparing quoted prices to invoice prices.
- Verifying food, beverage and general items invoices on a selective basis and occasionally spot checking invoice unit costs to match them with the market quotation sheet.
- Totaling and coding invoices on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that all items requisitioned are properly accounted for by observing the requisitioning process.
- Reviewing total food and beverage requisitions for pricing and by extension accuracy.
- Maintaining cost percentages on a daily basis for both food and beverage and preparation of a daily report.
- Maintaining liquor storeroom perpetual inventory.
- Working with the Executive Chef to co-ordinate tracking of high cost items in the food area.
- Reconciling all food, beverage and general items’ cost deviations between requisitioned costs and physical inventory costs monthly.
- Updating menu costs quarterly for all outlets and meal periods.
- Observing storeroom and kitchen inventory procedures and acting when necessary.
- Supervising and assisting in taking physical inventories of all food and beverage.
- Performing closing duties relevant to the accounting of the revenue, food and beverage department.
- Pricing and extending all monthly food and beverage inventories.
- Debiting miscellaneous food cost deductions to proper ledger accounts and crediting food and beverage cost accounts so that both sides balance.
- Preparing preliminary food and beverage cost reports to summarise purchases.
- Preparing menu potentials by developing and compiling accurate menu abstracts.
- Developing potential cost of sales and future menu pricing adjustments with the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Checking merchandise received daily to determine that it conforms to weight, trim, and count specifications.
- Testing for suitable quality and accurate menu pricing by performing yield tests of specific products.
- Working closely with Food and Beverage Manager to develop menu pricing of food and beverage products.
- Ensuring daily inventory count for the Bar through Materials Control revenue import, any variances are investigated and brought to the attention of the Director of Finance.
- Preparing cost breakdowns of food and beverage.
- Insuring that items are prepared and stored as specified.
- Reviewing daily food production as it relates to cover forecasts to make sure that it is according to plan.
- Supporting a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
- Anticipating possible and probable hazards and conditions and acting to prevent them from happening.
- Maintaining the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
- More than 3 Years of Experience in the same field.
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance/Hospitality or Related Field.
- CPA Section 1
- Knowledge in Sun System, Opera Cloud, Materials Control & Symphony.