Roles and Responsibilities
- Server configuration & administration of operating systems and other server resources, plan, collaborate to design and deploy secure server processes and executing a strategy to maintain security of IT infrastructure.
- Set up and administration of virtualized server environments ensuring best practice.
- Management, design and planning of physical data storage.
- Configuration, management and maintenance of active directory and identification management within the network.
- Install, configure, and maintain various types of hardware and software, which often involves creating user accounts, carrying out backup and recovery functions, performing repairs and upgrades and monitoring the performance of servers throughout.
- Performing problem-solving tasks when alerted by IT service delivery or monitoring system.
- Ensure business continuity via backups and retrieval of data, management and maintenance of live and fail over data centre sites and conduct disaster recovery drills.
- Training or directing users on the correct use of software and hardware within the system.
- System Centre suite configuration and administration, development, management and maintenance of group policies.
- Administer and maintain the domain and system accounts through Active Directory.
- Take part in the design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance of technology projects.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and relevant IT policies.
- Risk management practices
- Meeting financial need by submitting data for budget and monitoring the expenses.
- Preparation and submission of server environment reports on a monthly basis and as required.
- Run preventive maintenance practices on servers and server rooms and comply to all ICT policies.
Minimum Job Requirements.
- Bachelors degree in IT, Computer Science and related field.
- MCSE Certification.
- 5+ years of experience Server Admistrator in a large enterprise
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Hyper V, VM-Ware and HP Storage.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience.
- Flexible working hours. Late night and Early morning.