Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Duties and Responsibilities
- New – Business Development – 40%
- Build and manage strong, trust-based relationships with key stakeholders, especially philanthropic donors, in the WASH industry.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of business development processes, including proposal development, partnership management, financial reporting, etc.
- Craft strong, tailored messages that resonate with existing and new partners and funders
- Listing for new business, such as searching for new opportunities, conducting due diligence, following up on new fundraising leads and ensuring their application.
- Remain abreast of sectors and funders’ trends in line with sustainable development goals, build organizational understanding of new funders and contribute information for prioritization of funding opportunities for replication and scale
- Proactively share opportunities for partnership improvement with our funding partners, including engagement materials, network connections, etc.
- Coordinate the negotiations and compliance of agreements and contracts with partners
- Lead engagement with existing funders to achieve partnership goals and fundraising targets (being the main focal point)
- Grants management roles – 40%
- Maintain and regularly update the philanthropic grants module using the provided grants management system, this will include budgets and relevant burn rates, adherence to contracts/agreements, funder -reporting, key funder points, funder communication and other relevant project documents.
- Apply reports and data analytics with an aim of performance improvement, and ensure the leadership team is updated on a regular basis;
- Together with Business development leadership, and relevant project teams, take part in portfolio review meetings to discuss the status of implementation of projects, follow ups on expenditures (Budget Variance Analysis), challenges as well as flagging key issues for attention.
- Represent Fresh life in dynamics and feedback meetings with respective funders
- Follow up on key actions from the Grants Review Meetings (GRM) with the relevant teams;
- Ensure quality information management related to grants (including managing documentation and trackers)
- Ensure Grants folder on SharePoint is up to date
- Ensure reporting requirements for all funders are met and reports are completed to deadlines
- Fundraising – 20%
- Work with colleagues in Business development, in strengthening various process tools development, to enhance prudent grant monitoring, and new business development
- Support leadership team to manage funders’ relationship and engagement strategy – Work with operational team to build proposal and meet funders’ requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field of study
- 5+ years of work experience in fundraising or business development in a global development context.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in international development or the social sector more broadly. Knowledge of the sanitation sector is a plus.
- Previous experience collaborating with the government at the national and county level is preferred
- Confident external communication and excellent writing skills.
- Highly organized team player, with proactive and flexible work style.
- Strong existing funder networks preferred. Ideal candidate would be able to leverage past relationships to develop a strong pipeline of new partnerships.
- Impeccable integrity and ethics.
You must be logged in to post a comment.