Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Job purpose: This role will oversee reporting and performance management across an exciting portfolio of Grants in Kenya.
In addition, it will be responsible for grants data collation and analysis, internal and external impact and financial reporting on grants and problem solving with country and above-mentioned teams to ensure grant impact and financial goals are met.
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising and Partnerships
Location: Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to counties
Type of Position: Functional Lead
Contract Term: One Year Renewable
INTERESTED candidates please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your latest resume and application. Shortlisting / Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled. Kindly indicate in the Email subject: Grants Manager.
To be successful you’ll need:
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience working on grants management in a non-profit organization, with proven track record of working on a multinational portfolio including multilateral or foreign government funding working / engaging with funding agencies.
- Strong understanding of grant compliance and requirements of various public and private donors (corporate donors, private foundations, foreign governments, multilateral and international non-governmental organizations).
- Working experience creating effective reports to manage and evaluate data. Proficiency in Salesforce and/or Power BI for report and dashboard creation is not required but highly desirable.
- Embody values and understand the future challenges and opportunities for youth empowerment and is passionate about creating an impact in Kenya’s employment ecosystem.
- Experience in youth development is desirable.
Skills And Abilities
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, in formal and informal correspondence.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, and extensive experience strategizing and planning financial and budgetary issues.
- Strong data analysis and project management skills and experience creating, managing and monitoring program workplans and budgets.
- Proficient in MS Excel and financial modeling, as well as other Office 365 applications.
- Resolutely data-driven in approach to solving problems, influencing and informing decisions, and will put in the legwork to get best solution to any problem.
- Warm, empathetic, and love getting to know new people — can build trust-based relationships with diverse stakeholders in a range of geographic, cultural and industry contexts.
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and will continually push yourself and others to raise the bar.
- Believe in our mission, that fulfilling employment can change lives, and are passionate about doing social good.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and aligned with Generation vision, mission, and values.
- You are located in Kenya and speak and write fluent English.
- Ability to travel frequently within Kenya, and potential occasional travel in the region and internationally.
What you’ll do:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create high quality internal and external work planning and roadmap tools detailing the implementation of Generation Programme Kenya programs against scope and targets agreed with partners.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of progress reports, address funder feedback and negotiate changes in strategy and budget revisions, as necessary.
- Develop and execute an effective grant monitoring plan based on program objectives, impact targets and milestones.
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reallocation of grant funds.
- Oversee financial management, and ensure compliance with terms and conditions of grant awards and relevant rules and regulations.
- Provide ongoing support, training and advisory to counterparts at a country level to ensure successful implementation of grants, including regarding donor communications.
- Collaborate with the Head of Partnerships, Team leads and Generation Global review all major new grant agreements received in Kenya.
- Participate in grant writing and proposal development, as assigned by the Head of Fundraising and Partnerships.
- Execute activities related to grant program reporting, records reconciliation, and the implementation of subgrants for national grants.
- Contribute to the production of resources to support the grant management work of our team in Kenya, including training materials, handbooks, templates and guides.
- Be a committed and valued member of the Kenya team and play a vital role in creating a culture that attracts and supports exceptional talent.
Key Working Relationships:
- Public Sector Relationships — advice and support functional head in maintaining strategic Grants with public sector officials and to advocate for Education-to-Employment and promote support for Generation Kenya work.
- Donor Relationships — collaborate with donors while maintaining strategic Grants and advocate for Education-to-Employment promoting support for Generation Kenya work.
- Kenya & Global Grants Team — support and advice the Head of Partnerships on global and local grant and funding strategy development and management.
- Generation Kenya Program Team — in liaison with Head of Partnerships, regularly engage, advice and support internal teams in Generation Kenya as grants advisor, on best practice in grant management to ensure delivery of high quality and timely funder reporting.
Generation is a global employment nonprofit network that supports people to achieve economic mobility so they can change their lives. We train and place adults into careers that would otherwise be inaccessible and seek to improve how education to employment systems function. Generation launched in 2015 and consists of a global hub and a network of in-country affiliates that spans 17 countries. To date, Generation has more than 75,000 graduates who have earned more than $630 million in wages, and works with more than 11,000 employers, implementation partners, and funders.