Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Officer is a mid-level position within the organisation. The main purpose of the job is to support the SSLN and or Sycona programme with ongoing performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting by implementing SSLN’s and Sycona’s M&E Plan . This individual should have demonstrable knowledge, experience and understanding of best practices in results-based mixed-methods monitoring, evaluation and reporting of large scale multi-country programmes that informs data-driven decision-making. This individual must be able to provide examples of implementing M&E Plans, as well as of designing and implementing systems for data collection, analysis, visualisation and reporting. The candidate should also have experience of communicating and disseminating key programme results to support adaptive programme management. .
Based on the approved M&E Plan, design and implement data management systems that enable routine performance monitoring through:
- Efficient/Effective data collection, analysis, reporting and dissemination of programme results
- Working and supporting the programme team to understand and implement the M&E Plan to support data-driven decision-making
- Ensuring effective working relationships within teams and with clients, partners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure ongoing buy-in and support of M&E
- Synthesising, reporting and communicating M&E information in ways that inform adaptive programme management.
- Developing strategic insights and leading team problem solving
KEY INITIATIVES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Develop, pilot and refine performance monitoring data management systems, including data collection tools and lead on collecting, analysing, synthesizing and reporting high-quality quantitative and qualitative programme performance data.
- Formulate dashboards and other visualisations for routine performance monitoring and reporting of programme results at regular intervals
- Review, provide feedback and resolve issues to promote the quality of M&E inputs that feed into M&E data management systems.
- Workshop the SSLN and or Sycona M&E Plan and associated data management processes to support a common understanding of M&E requirements and ongoing buy-in to processes/procedures.
- Mentor team members to strengthen capacity for monitoring, evaluation, reporting and data-driven decision-making.
- Prepare clearly thought-out and logically written project documents (including monthly, quarterly and annual M&E reports, data collection and data analysis plans, country and post-learning survey synthesis reports).
- Perform rigorous analysis of data and reports using problem solving, quantitative, qualitative and mixed-methods approaches
- Build company intellectual property
- Keep abreast of industry developments
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Strong academic background – Minimum of a Postgraduate degree in an analytical field of study. Preference for Public Health, Epidemiology, International Development, Programme Evaluation Statistics or related disciplines.
- Desirable: Master’s Degree
- Required: Completed postgraduate M&E course
- 3 – 5 years as an M&E officer of a large donor-funded programme, and a passion for M&E
- Desirable: Relevant experience includes public health and HIV prevention
- Strong research, analytical and lateral thought processes.
- Demonstrated experience in results-based mixed-methods approaches to M&E
- Demonstrable experiences of implementing M&E Plans
- Evidence of designing and implementing M&E-related data management systems to produce high-quality data that informs data-driven decision-making.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of programme monitoring and evaluation theory and practice
- Excellent English communication and writing skills – ability to communicate at all levels. Ability to communicate effectively in other African languages would be considered an advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team – build teams and foster collaboration to achieve project goals, meet milestones and produce high-quality deliverables
- High level of organisation, attention to detail, professionalism and reliability.
- Ability to prioritise and manage work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and work streams with competing time/ resource demands.
- Highly numerate. Strong knowledge of quantitative, qualitative and mixed-methods research methodologies, and results synthesis, evaluation and presentation of data analysis for various audiences
- Advanced PC literacy (MS and Google Suite)
- Desirable: advanced knowledge in database and data visualisation software
- Required: Based in Johannesburg, South Africa; Nairobi, Kenya or Lagos/Abuja, Nigeria
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
You must be logged in to post a comment.