Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
This role would suit a comms professional with junior experience of a busy communications role, who is ready to face the challenge of a more global and even more fast-paced job. You should have strong project management skills, love working with spreadsheets and organising things, but also have a creative mind and love writing and creating simple assets. There is a great opportunity to learn and develop on the job, working with a brilliant team of creative experts.
As a global movement Save the Children has exceptionally ambitious advocacy, supporter growth, fundraising and programme delivery targets designed to maximise the positive impact that we can have for children across the world.
Powerful and engaging content is critical to achieving this ambition, whether across fundraising targets, when lobbying for political change, or raising brand and media profile. We are looking to transform the way we tell stories, creating memorable interactions with supports through high quality, emotional, authentic global creative content.
This role will help the team to ethically gather content to produce outstanding materials and stories for use across all our members. As the Global Content Production and Communications Senior Officer, you will be proactive in helping find and share information about Save the Children’s work.
There is a mix of creative tasks – which include writing the weekly newsletter, joining creative brainstorms and getting involved in editing written content – and project management and administrative tasks which sees you providing essential support for the production of sector-leading global content.
You will run the production schedule for the team, keeping across freelancer availability, producer workloads and asset development lists. You’ll support with hiring freelancers and research facts, statistics and cost examples.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile, to help deliver content in partnership with the Global Media Unit and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Enjoy working in a high paced environment with multiple projects and priorities, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Passion for film, photography and storytelling.
- 1-2 years minimum experience of working in content / fundraising / communications
- Knowledge and strong skills in managing production schedules and working with a range of content creators.
- Able to work independently and be able to take own initiative where required.
- Experience of managing freelancers to edit film and photo content
- Diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills, and experience of writing up interviews / case for support documents.
- Strong attention to detail and brilliant organisational skills.
- Fluency in English
- A commitment and passion to work within an NGO environment
- Commitment to the best practice in ethical and production values for content gathering – constantly seeking to improve standards to ensure Save the Children leads the way for the industry.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of work.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s child protection policy.
- Experience of working for an international NGO or in international development context
- Knowledge of digital, fundraising, marketing products and channels.
- In-depth understanding of different types of content and uses
- Experience of email mailing manager such as MailChimp
- Experience in using InDesign to design infographics and photo-shop for imagery.
- Experience of online archiving systems for photos and film.
- Passion for following market trends across NGO, media, corporate, consumer sectors – sharing inspiring ideas.
- Good working knowledge of at least one foreign languages (in particular Arabic, French, Spanish)
Deadline closes : 21 Sep 2023 – 02:59 EAT