Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
IFDC is a public international organization active in 27 countries in Africa, Asia, and America. IFDC uniquely approaches the global issues of food security and poverty by bridging the gap between research and impact, combining science-based innovations, holistic market systems development, an enabling policy environment, and strategic partnerships to assist farmers and countries to identify and scale sustainable agricultural solutions, including improved nutrient use efficiency. These approaches are needed to boost soil health and crop productivity while reducing the environmental impact of fertilizer use. IFDC translates research into action by using locally driven, environmentally sound, and impact-oriented solutions. With our partners, we seek to close the yield gap, eradicate global hunger, safeguard the soil on which our lives depend, and generate economic resilience for farming households and the countries in which they live.
IFDC is currently seeking passionate individuals to join its team, as the organization continues to expand its impact and work towards creating positive changes in agriculture and sustainable soil management across the world.
IFDC is seeking an experienced and visionary Gender Specialist to work closely with the Market Systems Director while cutting across institutional key areas. This position is pivotal in shaping the gender framework within IFDC and raising financing for gender-focused projects within the portfolio. The Gender Specialist will provide overall guidance and support to the organization, ensuring that gender considerations are integrated into all aspects of our work.
- Gender Integration: Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive gender integration strategy for IFDC’s programs and projects. Ensure gender considerations are mainstreamed throughout the organization.
- Capacity Building: Provide training and capacity-building initiatives to IFDC staff and partners on gender-sensitive approaches, ensuring that gender-responsive indicators are integrated into project design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with the Market Systems Director to align gender strategies with IFDC’s overall strategic goals. Contribute to the development of gender-sensitive project proposals and fundraising efforts.
- Gender Analysis: Conduct gender assessments and analyses to identify gender-specific constraints and opportunities within agricultural value chains and market systems.
- Partnership Development: Forge partnerships with donors, governments, NGOs, and other stakeholders to secure funding for gender-focused initiatives and promote gender equality within the agricultural sector.
- Advocacy and Policy Influence: Advocate for gender-responsive policies and practices in agriculture and market systems development, both internally within IFDC and externally with key stakeholders.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Develop and implement a gender-responsive monitoring and evaluation framework to track progress, collect gender-disaggregated data, and measure the impact of gender-sensitive interventions.
- Advanced degree in gender studies, women’s studies, international development, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in gender mainstreaming within international development projects.
- Strong track record of successfully raising funds for gender-focused initiatives.
- Excellent knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues in agriculture and market systems development.
- Experience in capacity-building and training on gender-sensitive approaches.
- Strong communication and advocacy skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders