Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Grants and Budget Management
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of grants, donor compliance, and budget conditions and status
- Review, track, and analyze expenditures for standard grants
- Review monthly BvAs and transaction detail reports, participate in monthly budget meetings and ensure that all BvAs and financial reports accurately reflect current and planned spending
- Make any necessary spending plan adjustments
- Attend and actively participate in all grant related meetings
- Work in close collaboration with the Senior Adviser, Grant Operations and the Deputy Director, Business Operations to harmonize grants as part of Technical Excellence’s funding portfolio
- Work with relevant Technical Unit and HQ-based finance staff to ensure accuracy of financial reports and to promptly identify and advise applicable grant leads on areas of concern
- Review and process sub-grants to country programs for grant activities
- Coordinate the approval of agreements, amendments, cost extensions and no-cost extensions for grants
- Apply existing IRC standard grant management processes (OTIS, project cycle meetings, etc.) and develop new tools or reporting formats to enhance grants management
- Manage salary allocations by tracking and monitoring all salary lines in grant budgets
- Work with other Grants & Finance Managers to streamline and harmonize IRC processes
Donor Reporting and New Business
- Develop guidance, templates, and tool kits to ensure timely submission of narrative and financial donor reports
- In partnership with program technical staff and the Business Development Coordinator, manage and contribute to the development of proposals ensuring donor and IRC compliance, including reviewing and contributing to concept notes, proposals and creating budgets
- Manage OTIS (Opportunity Tracking Information System) workflow for proposals, ongoing grants, agreements and amendments
- Assist in donor relations; participate in calls with select donors, represent Technical Excellence at donor meetings as required; and communicate relevant priorities to donors and internal business development and foundation relations units.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Grants and Finance Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: May supervise Grants Assistants and/or Interns and Volunteers
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Regular contact with Technical Unit teams.
- Liaise with country program staff. Interact regularly with internal IRC departments, especially
- budget, finance, human resources and procurement.
- External: Interact with donors, vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required or demonstrable experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing government and/or private grants
- Demonstrated experience developing proposals for public and private donors