Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer the successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice and guidance in the overall Human Resources management policies, strategies to KTDA Holdings, KTDA managed factories, and KTDA owned subsidiary companies
- Overseeing the HR policies and procedures, reviewing them and implementing them consistently
- Ensuring that the core values of the company concerning people, fairness and equal opportunity are upheld
- Overseeing and directing recruitment in KTDA Holdings, KTDA managed factories and KTDA owned subsidiary companies
- Liaising with the Board on the recruitment of high level positions in the organization
- Advising management on the HR and employee relations policies required by KTDA and subsidiaries in all areas of HR management
- Directing and controlling the operations of the HR function to ensure that they provide cost effective services throughout the organisation
- Overseeing the management of the change process across the group
- Formulating and implementing human resources strategies that are integrated with business strategies aimed at improving productivity and ensuring improved performance for KTDA group of companies
- Developing reward management and remuneration policies, processes and procedures that attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Planning and executing the human resource development, and talent management programmes to improve individual and corporate performance
- Overseeing the preparation of budgets for the HR function and oversee implementation and control of the same
- Advising on employee communication strategies and policies designed to maximize involvement and commitment while minimising conflict
- Ensuring that the subsidiaries are represented in industrial relations disputes and CBA negotiations and ensuring compliance with trade agreements to maintain industrial peace
- Overseeing the Administration Transport and Property management functions in KTDA.
- Ensuring the outsourced service providers performance is monitored
- Overseeing the execution of divisional/departmental work plan and budgets;
- Overseeing performance management of staff in the group
- Identify training needs for the HR staff and mentor and coach staff within the department;
- Lead the CBA negotiations process and maintain Industrial Peace
- Facilitate training needs assessment with line Managers of the Group Holdings
- Organizing and coordination training and capacity building programs for staff and board.
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure prompt monthly returns of statutory deductions- NSSF, NHIF, PAYE, NITA.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Analyse work processes and recommend improvements where necessary
- Ensuring that quality, environment, health and safety programs are cascaded to all levels.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in social science or Human Resource Management or equivalent
- A Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Master’s degree in business related field is an added advantage
- A certified Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of work experience five of which should be in a senior role
- Must possess a high degree of confidentiality
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must have sound knowledge of the Kenya labour laws and Employment Act 2007
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle divisional budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity
- Must have strategic leadership skills with ability to build strategic relationships
- Should have experience in change management and the ability to drive change in a team
- Should have high level problem solving and decision making abilities
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle high level communication
- Should be result oriented with ability to deliver desired outcome
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the division
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
Closing Date : 24th November 2023