Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Department: Head Office, Finance
Reports to: Manager Finance
To ensure efficient financial reporting that meets the requirements of the regulatory authorities (CBK), IFRS, the Companies Act, and the bank policies, and ensure timely filing of accurate prudential returns.
- Preparation prudential returns to the Central Bank of Kenya and ensuring that they are filed accurately and on timely basis. This includes preparation, compilation and submission as per Prudential Guidelines.
- Preparation of the Bank’s detailed monthly management accounts including associated schedules and comparison of performance against budgets with variance analysis and explanations of performance.
- Prepare yearly audited financial statements; facilitate yearly financial audits & Managing of i-Tax accounts for Bank’s subsidiaries.
- Computation of the Bank’s monthly Financing (loans) impairment Provisions. i.e Both Regulatory (as per CBK) and IFRS 9 (ECL model) requirements.
- Provide timely and accurate ALCO reports including stress testing.
- General Ledger maintenance and monitoring of the daily and monthly balances through review of the Trial Balance to mitigate against mis-reporting and income leakages.
- Review and authorization of transactions in the system to ensure correct recording of transactions
- Contribute actively in preparation of the Bank’s Annual and Quarterly Financial statements.
- Participate in implementation of Financial Management Policy, fixed assets policy and procedures, and other financial control related policy and procedures.
- Participate actively and give support on annual budget preparation.
- Actively participate in any Ad hoc project-work as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
- A business related degree and 5 years of relevant Finance/ accounting experience in the Banking sector CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent
- Knowledge of Banking Sector Regulations and taxation.
- Good understanding of IAS and IFRS.
- Practical experience in use of relevant MS Office applications.
- Good people skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Accuracy and Attention to details
- Problem solving and accountability
Please note that only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and competencies will be invited for interview.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.