IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Relationship Manager, SME
Job Title: Relationship Manager, SME
Reports To: Branch Manager
- The role of Relationship Manager (RM), SME Banking, is to build and maintain a high-quality portfolio of SME clients
- The RM is responsible for understanding the needs of his/her clients and developing tailored solutions to meet these needs using the Bank’s suite of products and services targeted to the segment. The RM is responsible for managing his/her clients across the financing cycle, ensuring compliance with the Bank’s internal policies, regulatory guidelines and Shariah guidelines.
- This role reports to the Team Leader, SME Banking who will be supported by an Assistant Relationship Manager (ARM) SME.
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position GAB as the market leader in this segment
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers/ line manager/ stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the assigned sectors
- Build existing and win new long-term customer relationships
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing business e.g. economic, procedural and regulatory requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer and deal pipeline information as required
- Monitor relationship performance regularly to ensure that the return is commensurate with the type of customer
- Take timely and proactive corrective action to mitigate potential losses, exercising effective portfolio stewardship and control
- Ensure strong cross-selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the bank
- Filing concise, but informative, call reports after customer visits (these should specify topics discussed, customer needs/ feedback, potential product needs, next steps, credit-relevant information etc.).
- While focusing on his/her current portfolio, the Relationship Manager should work with the SME Leadership to provide input/ feedback on the Bank’s overall approach/strategy to the segment in the region. This would include providing input on how the Bank’s products and services could be enhanced to better meet customer needs, and providing the required information and support to the Product Development Team to develop, test and launch
- The RM is responsible for effectively executing all the agreed business development and growth strategies in accordance with the long, medium- and short-term plans of the Bank and as set by the Head of SME Banking. This will be done through active portfolio management and development by maintaining & growing existing income sources and meeting set targets for new business.
- Understand customer needs and propose a solution based on Bank’s current product and service offering
- With the assistance of SME Analyst, collect and review all required information and documentation from the client—through site visits and subsequent follow-up meetings/conversations—for adequacy, completeness, and compliance with all Bank requirements.
- Review and provide detailed input into the credit proposal prepared by the SME Analyst, noting that the RM is ultimately responsible for preparing a comprehensive, high-quality credit proposal
- Respond to the questions raised by credit and provide additional information requested.
- Upon decision by Credit Committee, formally communicate to the borrower the Credit Committee decision;
- In case of an approval, communicate all loan conditions and ensure that the conditions are understood by the customer and will be adhered to.
- Work with ARMs to conduct consistent monitoring of deals to prevent defaults on client’s payment, alterations in the client’s business, and to be aware of forthcoming client’s financial needs
- Contact the client immediately (meeting him/her in person if required) in the event of non-payment of a facility instalment, and, if not resolved, take subsequent actions to recover credit in arrears according Bank procedures.
- with (prospective) customer or other professionals, and always acting according to the highest professional standards
- Ensure that client plans are coordinated and the respective support teams are in place with Critical Account objectives accepted, where applicable
- Take a proactive approach to client planning across the portfolio collaborating with product partners and senior management, as appropriate
- Ensuring that Facility files are complete and up to date, with the required back up arrangements(both electronic and hard copy)
- Ensuring that all client documentation is complete and up to date
- Ensuring that Shariah-related guidelines, Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and other policies are adhered to
- Ensuring that all customer information and queries are treated in line with confidentiality agreements as per the RM’s employment contract with the Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
- Business graduate from an accredited university preferably with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics; a Post Graduate degree (MBA, Masters in Finance / Strategy) is a plus
- At least five (5) years’ experience in banking, with proven experience of at least two (2) years in a similar position Or at least 3 years banking experience and sales/marketing background, where he/she managed a portfolio of SME or Business Banking clients
- Experience managing borrowing customers and analysing financing proposals, especially for SME
Application Deadline: Friday, 25th November 2022