Habitat for Humanity International
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Serve as the organization’s Security Focal Point for Africa, providing security policy guidance and security management support to the HFH entities in the regions, enabling effective program planning, implementation and delivery within the framework of all HFHI security policies and procedures;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of security into all levels of program design, implementation and delivery through the substantive monitoring of ongoing and future projects and program, providing innovative and proactive support, direction and solutions where required;
- Review the impact of current, as well as future potential security factors and trends on HFHI planning, program design and delivery, as well as the possible impact that program design might have on the safety and security, ensuring that possible support measures are identified, and improvements are implemented;
- To protect and minimize the risk to HFHI staff, project personnel, property and operations in all locations and at the same time enabling Habitat for Humanity program delivery throughout;
- Maintain a security network with colleagues with the aim of ensuring coordination and collaboration of the actors of the NGO Security and Private Sector security networks within the Africa region.
Threat And Risk Assessment
- Lead departmental security risk identification and mitigation measures that align with organizational and regional security risk-management standards and requirements;
- Assist Branches and National Organizations in implementing and maintaining security risk management across the region ensuring security risks are identified, mitigated and managed;
- Inform the development Safety and Security (S&S) procedures and practices which integrate with gender and Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) support associated roll out and adherence;
- Provide input, including comprehensive security risk analyses and recommendations, to the AVP and the Regional colleagues;
- Inform AVP and Global Safety and Security Director of any areas of concern, non-adherence to HFHI policy and procedures;
- Ensure safety and security risk management processes and best practices are inclusive of gender and LGBTQ+ specific risks and gender equality and diversity is embedded into such processes;
- Ensure that HFH partners receive security management support benefiting from internal systems and best practices relevant to their operations and operating contexts;
- Prepare the Regional Daily Situation Report
Security Management Planning And Compliance
- Remotely and through a minimum of one visit per country per year, monitor and support adherence to Policy, principles, standards and requirements. Provide a follow-up report with clear findings and actionable recommendations after each visit. Monitor progress and report concerns to regional and global Security leadership;
- Ensure Country security focal points are preparing and sharing accurate safety and security reporting, ensure data consistency and report into global dashboards;
- Prepare twice yearly regional snapshot of safety and security management;
- Support HFH entities within region with safety and security yearly assessment of standard and requirements, definition and monitoring of improvement plans, and progress follow-up;
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or Equivalent), preferably in social sciences, international politics, management, or a related security field, or formal multi-year education in Security Management, such as military or police Senior Command and Staff College (minimum 9 months full time) qualification, with command experience.
- Formal training in security risk management.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant security and development related experience. Formal multi-year education in Security Management, such as military or police senior Command and Staff College (minimum 9 months full time) qualification, with command experience at senior level, is considered equivalent to an Advanced University Degree.
- Previous experience of working in a conflict/post-conflict or crisis environment is an asset.
- Practical experience from work in, and knowledge of, the security environment in Africa
- In-depth knowledge of security management and risk management.
- Knowledge of INGO business, operations and programming cycle.
- English and French language skills is required for this position
- Active support of HFHI Values:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
- To apply
You must be logged in to post a comment.