Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Perform a holistic assessment of the housing finance market. This includes:
- All the market players (government and non-governmental agencies, financial service providers and non-financial providers that play a bridging role in access to housing finance)
- Current housing finance products available catering to various customer segments (stand-alone products, tagged along products and undefined housing products),
- Current and future financial needs for other housing finance value chain actors (Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and developers)
- Unpack the demand and supply side housing finance needs, challenges and opportunities as well as assessing the support functions available to promote affordable housing finance;
- Review existing regulations, policies and laws that support and hinder housing finance;
- Give recommendations on opportunities to address the housing finance barriers in specific sectors that will bring impact to the market in the short, medium and long term;
- Identify potential investment opportunities in housing finance that will help the supply side in accessing and providing capital/investments in housing finance initiatives within the supply chain.
- Prepare an inception report detailing on how the company is planning to undergo the research. This should include deliverables, methodology and work plan
- Proposed structure for the supply and demand side assessment
- Detailed work plan and proposed methodology (sample design and market survey instruments), to respond to the objectives of the research
- Provide financial resources for the research
- Provide office space (if needed)
- Through its partners, provide support to ensure the research is done appropriately and the right players/stakeholders are available
Duration of the assignment – 3 months.
The selected company/consultant must undertake the following activities:
- Market Analysis
- Identification of Systemic Barriers
- Provide detailed recommendations
- Research Dissemination
- Supply-side assessment: all the financial and non-financial service provides in the market that offer housing finance solutions to the public and housing value chain actors (SME’s), detailing available products/solutions related to housing finance in the market, and possible indications of accessibility requirements (KYC/due diligence) and cost structures
- Demand-side assessment: providing detailed insights on the current behaviours, uptake, usage and beneficiary needs of housing finance products/solutions as well as challenges, barriers and opportunities
- Regulatory and policy assessment: clearly identifying gaps in the regulatory landscape towards provisioning of affordable and appropriate housing finance products/solutions in the market
- Market assessment: providing investment/financing landscape and needs for the housing value chain actors (SME’s) including the current investment models/approaches
- Draft report (2 weeks after delivery of market analysis report)
- A draft report detailing the systemic barriers identified and recommendations on how to address them to bring the impact anticipated.
- Final report (2 weeks after receiving comments on the draft report)
- Final report on findings and recommendations taking into account all the comments that would have been shared in the Draft report
- Clear demonstration of multistakeholder engagement
- Demonstration and understating of the Technical Vocation landscape and operation in Kenya.
- Understanding of the housing sector is an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and a common local language spoken in rural Kenya.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills – in particular ability to write clearly, succinctly and engagingly reports
- Facilitation skills, being able to articulate the participation of diverse stakeholders in the skills upskilling sector in a meaningful way.
- Excellent computer and information and communication technology skills
- Ability and aspiration to learn fast, be effective in a team and autonomously, and be challenged. Must be willing to travel to project locations around the country of operations and regionally
- HFHI will evaluate the proposals and award the assignment based on technical and financial feasibility. HFHI reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest or the highest bidder
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV, written proposal (technical and financial) and portfolio of work done to EMEANairobiInfo@habitat.org no later than 30 September 2022 with the subject line: RESEARCH ON SYSTEMIC BARRIERS TOWARDS ACCESS AND USAGE OF HOUSING FINANCE IN KENYA.
- The deadline for submission is at 5:00pm EAT on 30 September 2022. Once the selection process has been completed, HFHI will issue a contract confirming the appointment of the service provider. Any queries should be directed to Daniel Mhina, who can be contacted at DMhina@habitat.org