IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
The HAPA KENYA with funding from Global Fund (GF) through Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) implements the key population HIV prevention program among KPs in Mombasa, Kwale and Taita Taveta Counties Coast region of Kenya.
Director, the key objective of the Senior Finance Officer is to oversee financial management, risk management, assets management and implementation of internal controls and ensure compliance to statutory, donor and regulatory requirements. He/she will directly support the Global Fund project, supervise finance assistants and perform any other duties as may be assigned.
This position is based at HAPA Kenya Mombasa office.
Roles and responsibilities.
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including funds management, payroll management and financial disbursements.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date financial information and financial records for
- projects and for the organization.
- Obtain approvals from the Executive Director and from donors on all procurements and
- purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor monthly, quarterly and yearly expenditures to ensure they are in line with approved donor work plans and budgets.
- Implement the donor cut off and year end procedures as per the organizational policy and donor guidelines.
- Provide sensitizations and trainings to the organization staff on the donor specific guidelines and regulations and any other emerging issues.
- Management of internal and external stakeholders and provide sound finance advise to auditors and service providers.
- Prepare, administer and analyze budgets and advise the staff and organization on the budgets and Varriance analysis.
- Ensure accurate, timely and complete monthly donor, internal and external reports.
- Management of the payroll and submission of monthly statutory deductions (NSSF, NHIF,NITA & PAYE)
- Review activities returns and suppliers invoices for completeness, authenticity and accuracy as per the donor guidelines and checklist.
- Maintenance of assets and risk registers and perform monthly and quarterly assets verifications.
- Demonstrate strict adherence to all organization SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part 2) is an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant working experience in a similar position
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are adhered to.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Proficiency in MS Office with working knowledge in MS excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- High standard of ethics and values
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV and copies of Certificates and Testimonials to the email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without this information will not be considered.