Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports program implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Program UNHABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This post is in the office of United Nations Office at Nairobi, Central Support Services (CSS), Commercial Operations Unit (COU). Under the supervision of the Unit Chief – Talia Owen-Frigyik, the incumbent provides specialized support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of the UN Recreation Centre.
The UN Recreation Centre (UNRC) is open for membership to UN staff members and the diplomatic community. The UNRC has over the years recognized the need to keep pace with the growing sophistication and demands of members, so it offers a sports facility that meets their fitness and health goals. The facility has a state-of-the-art gym, with separate cardio as well as weights section and is equipped with Technogym machines. All the equipment is of the highest quality, well designed ergonomically and bio-mechanically precise.
UNRC is seeking a head instructor to provide professional fitness activities that include coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and guests. The head instructor works towards creating excellence in the fitness centre. Incumbent will report directly to the UNRC manager and below are the responsibilities.
- Incorporating “integrity, respect for diversity, professionalism” into all aspects of the position, to ensure UN values are and integrated into UNRC culture and programs. And be a role model to other instructors.
- Maintaining a consistent professional image through dress, actions and relationships with others.
- Proving report on faulty/damaged gym equipment for quick repair turnaround.
- Responding to incident, accident, and behaviour concerns from both members and instructors.
- Ensuring that the appearance of fellow instructors is in line with UNRC standards when on duty.
- Facilitating gym use, including but not limited to set-up, monitoring, and tear down of special sports events/tournaments.
- Confidently, tactfully and dissenting respectfully while enforcing UNRC policies.
- Connecting, interacting, and developing positive relationships with members and ensure that all activities are run smoothly.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of members while in the gym.
- Ensuring members are using facilities and equipment in a proper manner.
- Maintaining good public relations with members and always represent the best interests of the UNRC and create and enjoyable and welcoming environment.
- Be responsible and fulfil his/her commitments to shifts and fitness schedules.
- Ensuring that the gym facilities and services provided are to a high level.
- Undertaking such other duties that may be reasonably required.
- Providing a warm UNRC welcome and continually improve the overall member experience.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the gym and maintenance of the gym equipment in line with UNRC standards.
- Delivering informative inductions for new members to the gym.
- Rotating through the gym, interacting with all members offering advice or alternative training techniques.
- Ensuring gym rules are observed by members and guest for their safety and wellbeing.
- Actively manage the performance and operations of UNRC individual contractors, including floor circulation and prepare
- Monthly gym floor schedule and fitness class schedule.
- The head instructor’s name should also appear on the monthly gym floor instructor’s schedule, the days and times he/she is on/off duty. Just like other instructors, he will not provide personal training services while on duty. PTs must be arranged when he is off duty.
- Performing all responsibilities of a fitness instructor position while serving as head instructor and sign in when reporting on duty and sign out when going home, comply with the Individual Contractor code of conduct as signed.
- Candidates/Diploma of High School Certificate is required.
- Certificate in fitness from ACE, ITEC or related qualifications is required.
- Proven experience of CPR and First Aid desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years experience from a reputable organization/setting is required.
- Knowledge of fitness as a service, fitness products and equipment is required.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Deadline : 30th November 2023