Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the Chief Enterprise Business Unit Officer, the Head of Department/ Tribe Lead – Managed Services will undertake the below.
- Packaged Solution with Managed Services Tribe Lead will spearhead the development and delivery of packaged technology solutions and managed services to medium enterprises and counties.
- Role holder will define Safaricom’s medium enterprises and county technology solutions strategy and engagement strategy.
- He/she will drive the acquisition and growth of Medium Enterprises and Counties.
- He/she will establish a robust and effective operating model partnering with internal channels organization and external partners to address the needs of Medium Enterprises and Counties.
- He/she will drive revenue growth, increase market share, and enhance channel profitability by leading enterprise sales for Medium enterprises and County technology solutions, while identifying untapped market opportunities, nurturing existing account relationships, and optimizing solution pricing and discounts.
- He/she will enhance digital infrastructure through development plans and partnerships, connecting medium enterprises and County technology solutions with knowledge networks, and fostering innovation through procurement programs and networking interfaces.
- Develop and implement the strategy and mission to deliver integrated solutions to counties and medium enterprises.
- Leverage Safaricom’s system of advantage and CVM to growth County and Medium Enterprises customer base.
- Define growth roadmap for County& Medium Enterprise leading to revenue growth, channel profitability and market share while factoring in expected market dynamics, competitive and regulatory framework, emerging products/ technologies.
- Grow higher share of revenue from complex enterprise solutions (M2M, Access & Connectivity, DC, SaaS, Virtualization etc.) delivered to counties and medium enterprises.
- Implement guidelines for relationship managers and business growth development managers to ensure channel profitability and control rate variance from the pre-defined price guidelines laid down by product management team.
- Define partner engagement model which will include selection, performance evaluation and payment model.
- Develop simple, scale-able, off-shelf technology solutions for counties and medium enterprises.
- Monitor the goals and targets for County& Medium Enterprise leading to revenue growth, channel profitability and market share segment and ensure growth.
- Monitor and review partner performance regularly and drive specific business and performance objectives.
- Robust sales operations across regions and implementation on standardized sales processes.
- Ensure building of a strong sales MIS and dashboard for close monitoring of sales operations.
- Drive design and rollout of sales incentive programs to motivate account managers and ensure achievement of targets.
- Identify opportunities to deliver standardized customer solutions and leverage scale.
- Agile Delivery: Play a crucial role in facilitating and supporting agile practices within the tribe. This includes promoting collaboration, ensuring effective communication, removing obstacles, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Build a strong enterprise sales team targeting growth.
- Adequate training on the entire range of enterprise product portfolio, encourage best sharing practices and define a career progression for Relationship and Business Development managers.
- Deploying high-quality digital infrastructure, through infrastructural development plans and roadmaps, or other platforms).
- Connecting County& Medium Enterprise with knowledge networks, through cooperation programmes (e.g. with large firms or online platforms), County& Medium Enterprise leading to revenue growth, channel profitability and market share.
- Lead public procurement (e.g. Innovation Research-type of programme) or networking interfaces (e.g. digital innovation hubs, centres of excellence, clusters and co-working spaces)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Deepen team connection to our customers and communities.
- Foster authentic relationships with customers and partners that build trust.
- Explicitly take customer-centric decisions and take personal ownership to achieve results.
- Simplify processes through digitalization and promote a digital mindset and digital first customer experience.
- Stay focused on the big priorities, know when to make meaningful trade-offs and demonstrate brilliant execution.
- Create an inspiring vision for your team to drive strategy and performance.
- Show ambition and courage, empowering others to go beyond the plan.
- Are bold and challenge teams to reimagine how things are done.
- Prompt new thinking and ideas by asking “what if” questions.
- Use knowledge of the external environment (customers, partners, competition, external bodies) to identify and act on opportunities for growth at pace.
- Create psychological safety so everyone can have an impact.
- Fuel innovative ideas from others and test them to enable growth.
- Explore successes and failures with curiosity and resilience; fearlessly recognizing lessons learned.
- Share your ongoing learning and personal purpose with others.
- Learn fast from digital adoption, using learnings to drive simplicity, scale and efficiency.
- Articulate your team’s role in making our strategy happen, prioritizing and aligning resources with current and future needs.
- Actively collaborate to break silos and hold your team accountable to do the same.
- Develop others to make the most of their talents and coach them to take ownership to get things done.
- Create an inclusive environment ensuring the safety and wellbeing of others.
- Live our Purpose and demonstrate the highest Standard of integrity.
Key performance indicators
- Revenue Growth: Increase revenue generated from Safaricom’s financial services offerings within the BFSI sector by a specified percentage or amount over a defined period Annual revenue growth rate for the Packaged Solutions Tribe.
- Customer Retention: Customer retention rate (percentage of customers retained over a specific period), Percentage decrease in customer churn rate and Number of customer escalations and complaints resolved within a defined timeframe.
- Strategic Partnerships: Establish strategic partnerships with key players in the BFSI industry, such as banks, insurance companies, and fintech providers, to enhance Safaricom’s competitive advantage and expand the range of financial services offered.
- Risk Mitigation: Implement robust risk management processes to identify, assess, and mitigate potential risks associated with financial services operations. Monitor key risk indicators and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Customer Relationship Management: Maintain accurate and complete customer data within the CRM system as well as driving CRM adoption and effective customer engagement.
- Demand Reduction: Proactively address customer pain points to reduce support and service requests and identify process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Digital Hub/Apps Uptime: Ensure high availability and reliability of digital hubs and applications.
- Customer NPS: Improve overall customer experience for higher satisfaction and loyalty as well tracking and analyzing NPS to identify areas for improvement.
- Psychological Safety: Team feedback, Open communication: Track the frequency and quality of open and honest communication within the team.
- University Degree in Business/MBA along with technical qualifications, or equivalent qualification
- 10-15 years of experience in the sales and/or delivery of customer solutions to Medium Enterprises or Counties
- Management of the partners and channels/marketing budget
- Familiarity with relevant technologies, tools, and software that support product management and development, such as project management tools, agile management software, prototyping tools, or analytics platforms.
- Experience with enterprise software products, systems, or platforms commonly used by medium enterprises and counties, such as the applicable customer relationship management (CRM) tools, enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, or business intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and guide a team.
- Strong project management abilities, including planning, execution, and monitoring.
- Business acumen and the ability to align technical activities with business objectives.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on revenue growth, channel profitability, and market share.