Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- The Senior School Head of French, reporting to the Deputy Head Academic, is a vital member of the Academic Management Team.
- A love of French and a keen interest in teaching creatively are key requirements.
- The ideal candidate will join a thriving and well experienced department. They will be expected to teach across Year 9 to Year 13.
- She/he must offer French as their main language. The ability to teach another subject would be an added advantage. The successful candidate will be expected to teach French Edexcel IGCSE and A level courses.
- As a full boarding school, St Andrew’s is committed to providing a vibrant co-curricular and boarding program to which all staff contribute. The successful candidate will be an academic tutor and attached to a specific boarding house for duties.
- The successful candidate would commence employment on 1 January 2024.
Working at St Andrew’s, Turi, is an exciting and dynamic experience. Our desire is to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges.
Essential to working with us are: –
- The need to be able to support the School’s aims and Christian ethos
- A clear passion for French and the teaching thereof
- A good degree in your teaching subject and relevant teaching experience (minimum 2 years)
- Experience in pastoral care (boarding school experience is desirable)
- A strong work ethic and experience of working in a team
Terms and Conditions
There is a generous overall remuneration package as detailed below :–
- Salary: The successful applicant will be placed on the Turi Pay Scale.
- Accommodation: suitable rent free accommodation will be provided as a taxable benefit. Domestic and gardening help is arranged by the School, but paid for, at local rates, by the applicant.
- Medical care: all members of staff and their families (below 18 yrs) are covered under a comprehensive insurance scheme.
- Pension: the School operates a defined contribution pension scheme in which the employer and employee each contribute 6% of the monthly salary. For employees leaving Kenya at the end of their contract the full value of the contributions, plus accumulated interest, can be withdrawn from the scheme.
- Meals: these are provided during term time as a taxable benefit.
- Facilities: extensive recreational facilities are open to use by staff and their families. The onsite Phoenix Club, serving a wide range of food and beverages, acts as a wonderful social hub for the staff community and their families throughout the year.
Application Deadline 25th September 2023