Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking to place a versatile, dynamic and self –driven professional with a keen interest in Risk Management.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Head, Market Risk will be responsible for identification, measurement, mitigation, and reporting of market risk exposures within the bank’s Trading and Banking book. The risk classes to be responsible for include among others: – general market risk, interest rate risk affecting both Trading and Banking books, foreign exchange rate risk, liquidity risk and contingency planning, commodity price risk, derivatives risk and general investment risk coupled with provision of support to the ALCO processes.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Develop, document and review of all the relevant Market Risk and Derivative policies.
- Be responsible for the development and communication of the Market, Liquidity and Derivative Risk appetite and monitoring reports.
- Develop, monitor, report and review SLAs between Market Risk and its partner departments: Treasury, Foreign Treasury Services, Finance and Subsidiaries.
- Develop and prepare Market, Derivative Risk, and Liquidity Risk Stress test and presentation of the results.
- Coordinate the preparation of the pertinent market and derivative risk monitoring reports leveraging information sourced from Treasury, FTS, Finance,
- Corporate and Retail departments. Analyze these reports with the CRO and compile the pack for dispatch to the ALCO members for their review before the meetings.
- Daily monitor Co-op Bank Kenya and South Sudan Market Risk, Derivative Risk and Liquidity risk performance metrics/ratios against limits set under advice to senior management. The process will also involve giving recommendations in the form of scenarios to effectively manage market risk and revert liquidity back to normal in the event of breaches or anticipated breaches.
- Obtain exceptional approvals on potential breaches from Treasury or report limit breaches in accordance with the defined escalation hierarchies.
- Prepare the market risk, derivatives, and liquidity risk portion of the Board Risk Committee report for the consumption by the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
- Analyze and prepare Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) reports for Asset Liability Management (ALM) ad hoc or at least monthly.
Follow up on issues raised in ALCO with the relevant business units to ensure resolution and provision of feedback to the committee.
Monitor Compliance of Co-op bank Units (Co-opbank Kenya, Co-opbank South Sudan) with Market risk Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate risk, Investment Risk and Derivative Risk policies and related regulatory policy limits
- Review the daily FX MTM process and weekly Bonds MTM process and recording/accounting of the same within the Bank’s Trading Book.
- Administrative duties such as representing the unit In cross-functional business meetings provision of on job training to colleagues, preparation of process flows etc.
- In liaison with the Chief Risk Officer, regularly train bank staff on Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Investment Risk and Derivative risk management.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the Market Risk staff in both Kenya and South Sudan.
- Attend relevant training on emerging trends and practices within Market and Derivative Risk fields.
- Network within the profession and relevant associations to keep abreast with the industry
- Coordinate assessment and promotion of internal controls and Market Risk management
- Carry out Market risk assessment reviews within the Bank and its subsidiaries.
- Provide support to the bank subsidiaries in development of market risk policy framework.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial or related business field. Possession of a relevant Risk Management Professional qualification (such as ACI/ FRM/ PRM/ CFA) or relevant postgraduate professional qualification such as an MBA coupled with Actuarial, CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years overall banking experience gained preferably in either – Risk Management, Treasury ,Treasury Back Office.
- An understanding of ISDA/ CSAs Arrangements, Mark to Market (MTM) valuation of Securities, Margining, and FX related transactions, Fixed Income Securities and Derivatives will be an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of CBK prudential guidelines.
- Ability to clearly communicate strategy, plans and risks across the organization by developing business cases, presentations & stakeholder communications even with senior management.
- Strong analytic, logical reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number HMR/CEO/2023 as the subject of your email by 25th September, 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer.