Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- This role involves overseeing the software development team working on developing new software or enhancing existing solutions. He/she will coordinate and plan with other departments within the company and with company executives. The role holder needs a firm understanding of the technical aspects of software engineering. This role also involves understanding the market and competitor’s products so that your software can compete and meet market demands.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Work with Business Analysts to provide technical expertise in the required domains
- Define the technologies to be used in a particular solution
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the software development team members
- Lead the team’s efforts in delivering software applications as expected
- Assign tasks to the software development team
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Responsible for the operation, development, and improvement of team processes and SOPs necessary to support and accelerate excellent project delivery
- Work with Project Managers to develop and execute project roadmaps
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by the software development team
- Foster a collaborative culture of unit/SIT testing, safety, and documentation
- Create deployment documents
- Increase the productivity of the team by identifying process gaps, common pain points and scalability issues and develop a plan to address them
- Design and manage changes to database schema
- Create users and give rights to databases, code versioning, and issue tracking systems
- Involved in recruitment, induction, and training of new staff
- Set performance expectations and manage the performance of the software development team
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally
- Participate in the tendering process where technical feedback is required
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers and consultants
- Ensure compliance with company policies, departmental procedures, and ISO 9001:2015.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Five (5) years’ of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of the Software Development lifecycle
- Working experience with Angular, React, Spring, and Cuba frameworks
- Experience in Database development
- Knowledge of containerization in application development
- Ability to work with version control tools such as Git or SVN
- Expert knowledge in programming languages
- Leadership and people management skills
- Communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd September 2023 indicating Head of Web Applications as the email subject. Just so you know – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.