Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The main responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a member of the SMT in the development of the annual Strategic Programme Plan (SP) in accordance with the DRC Global Policies and guidelines.
- Provide effective leadership in managing resources and leading in financial reporting to SMT.
- Lead on developing and implementing training programmes for all Area Support Service staff.
- Identify both short term and long-term resource needs and translate these into objectives and priorities.
- Providing support to the Country Finance Manager and provide monthly KPIs the RO/ HQ Task Force.
- Advise and inform the CD in regards to the development, monitoring and assessment of the ongoing programs.
- Participate in drafting project proposals, and on the use of resources according to budgets and policies.
- Manage, coordinate and coach head of departments, ensuring system wide financial management and governance.
- Systems development and roll out of systems already developed in close cooperation and coordination with RO and DRC’s headquarters: including tools for monitoring shared expenditures, donor co-funding and decentralized book keeping and grants management systems.
- Risk Management Framework and compliance to external and internal regulations as well as continuous improvement to internal control environment.
- Act of the CoC and Safe Guarding Focal Point.
- Ensure financial regulations, procedures and documentation requirements are adhered to in DRC country operation.
- Provide overall financial planning support to Head of Programs, advise on spending and financial spending strategies, provide accurate financial outlook of the programs on a regular basis.
- Provide inputs to budget development and guidance on overall financial management support to then budget holders.
- Ensure salary allocation plans are in place for the entirety of the year and updated accordingly.
- Responsible for ensuring Master Budget is in place and updated monthly and functional in the DR Dynamics – ERP system
- Constantly check the integrity and robustness of financial procedures, possible mismanagement and suggest corrective actions to minimise losses.
- Active seeking for direction from the SMT once suspecting or having discovered [early] signs of budgetary disparity, fraudulent activity, or administrative adversities thereof.
- Reviewing of timely and accurate financial and administrative reporting to external parties, and to headquarters.
- Ensure that all necessary agreements, permits and licenses necessary for DRC operations are in place and keep updated on national
- Administrative rules and regulations pertaining to the activities of DRC.
- Direct management of administrative and Human resources personnel at manager level, ensuring indirect management of the staff in field offices, and monitoring the conduct of other staff in relation to the rules and policies of DRC are in place by the CO.
- Ensuring an honest, timely and quality delivery of administrative and Human resources services at all levels of organization hierarchy, through sound recruitment, firm internal controls and reporting, solid coordination between projects and personnel, and internal audits.
- Facilitation of continued learning and improvement through training, coaching, and communication amongst personnel, and organizing sessions for self-evaluation and goal-setting.
- Ensure that effective HR policies are in place and implemented.
- Upholding of the Code of Conduct among the personnel at country office and in field locations through personal example.
- Ensure a sound HR and payroll management system compliant to DRC HR policies is in place.
- Support the deployment of expatriate staff members, especially as regards travel, housing, and Country Office compliance with the DRC Terms of Expatriate Employment.
- Ensure a well-functioning staff complaint reporting and handling mechanism is in place.
- Ensure DRC guesthouses are maintained and upgraded to relevant standards.
Supply Chain & IT
- Provide supervision to country supply chain inclusive of related information management and maintenance, requests for quotations, quality control and ensuring the set procedures are followed.
- Supervise country supply chain manager, ensuring supply chain team’s close cooperation country wide with the departments for admin/finances, human resources and program operations.
- Monitoring procurement procedures and ensuring that items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system.
- Ensure archiving is completed in compliance with DRC and country policies.
- Providing support to Supply Chain Manager in timely management and updating of all logistics reports and information as required by the organization.
- Standardization of all service contracts.
- Ensure the streamlining and harmonizing supply chain procedures across all field offices, with emphasis required on warehousing policies.
- Manage and implement DRC global Information Technology strategies.
- Work closely with the IT Specialist to make sure that Information Management System is properly configured, IT related services provided, Networks, infrastructures are administered including desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Make sure that regular and high-quality IT support to all users and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation.
- Ensure adequate provision is made for new staff in terms of IT equipment.
- Ensure DRC guesthouses are maintained and upgraded to relevant standards.
Team Management & Coordination
- Direct supervision and management of staff in the relevant areas of responsibility. This will include regular team meeting and strong follow up of objectives set for the staff under direct supervision.
- Ensure support services heads of departments serve as technical line management for all Area and Field support teams leads.
- Develop a network with other INGOs on finance and administration-related topics and ensure a proactive communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Share and coordinate administration and finance related information with the Head of Programs, Head of Operations and other staff, and attend any internal coordination meetings.
- Liaise with donors and government officials, especially in relation to the issues of compliance, registration and audit.
- Maintain close coordination and dialogue with Regional Office and HQ, Area Managers and Sector leads in country on operations.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up, including demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in a large programme and direct experience of delivery of humanitarian programme in an emergency response.
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and Addition Professional qualification such as ACCA/CPA or equivalent is desired.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing major international donor reports and knowledge of major donor rules including UNHCR, UNICEF, ECHO, EC, DFID, DANIDA and USG.
- Possess strong accounting, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven Communication and Management Skills.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices. Good knowledge ERP financial software will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in setting up systems in a new country program is an asset.
- Knowledge of working in hostile environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
- English required
- Arabic desirable