Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Abt Associates seeks three Health Financing Officers to join the USAID-funded Kenya Health Equity Resource Optimization (HERO) project. As the Health Financing Officer, you are responsible for successful quality technical execution of project activities at the sub-national level. You will deliver technical assistance and coordination across domestic resource mobilization and public financial management activities.
- In collaboration with Regional HERO teams, support the implementation of health financing project activities at the sub national level.
- Support the domestic resource mobilization and public financial management capacity building at the subnational level.
- Provide technical solutions supporting the inclusion of vulnerable groups into financial protection programs.
- Collaborate with USAID and other donor implementing partners for efficiency and project impact at the county level.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s degree and two years, or Master’s degree in health economics, policy, business management, public health, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working with/supporting the Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services and strengthening the health system at the sub national level in Kenya.
- Previous programmatic work with USAID-funded, or other donor activities is highly preferred.
- Broad technical understanding and experience of Kenya’s health financing, DRM, PFM, health care and social protection system.
- Familiarity with health care financing and health evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of local partners and stakeholders.
- Experience with capacity building of local partners considered desirable.
- Reputation for professional excellence in health system, health financing, planning, budgeting and execution.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level county counterparts, donor representatives and senior-level staff.
- Advanced professional proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
Location(s): Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret