Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- The incumbent will work to support the PEPFAR program in the day-to-day oversight of diverse activities and personnel executing the mission. Activities will include, but are not limited to: coordinating and responding to requests from senior management and designated program and funding authorities (i.e. MHRP, HJF Home Office, USG Embassy team etc.), and engaging with local and international host governments (national and county-level), other implementing partners, and ensuring the PEPFAR program is meeting its many qualiatative and quantative deliverables. The HJFMRI PEPFAR Country Director is the primary point of contact for PEPFAR with the MRD-A/Kenya (WRAIR DoD) Government (USG) team based in Nairobi and serves as the HJF incountry lead for PEPFAR implementation.
- Serves in a senior level leadership capacity overseeing all HJFMRI PEPFAR activities supporting WRAIR DoD and MRD-A/Kenya priorities.
- Continuously drives the PEPFAR HJF/HJFMRI strategic direction and planning process for Kenya in close coordination with MRD-A/Kenya, US-based MHRP, and HJF HQ personnel.
- Serve as the liaison with a variety of public and private stakeholders, including MRD-A/Kenya, HJFMRI staff, implementing partners, local, county and national governments, international orga n izations , and donors.
- Fosters and cultivates high-value relationships with all relevant Kenyan Ministries, Kenya Defense Forces, county governments, and other active and potential stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships and alliances with the other USG partners and funders, including private sector partnerships and advocates on behalf of the HJFMRI Kenya PEPFAR program.
- Provides management, strategic direction and oversight to the project’s technical, administrative and financial performance to ensure effective implementation and coordination of program activities of sub-partners and supported facilities and monitor progress toward the achievement of the project-specific program goals and objectives.
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and assures the quality of technical interventions at national and county levels.
- Directs the in-country workplan and budgeting processes; ensures the programmatic and financial plans are in-line with overall strategic goals and that administrative/operational work plans can effectively support those activities.
- Proactively identifies, anticipates and resolves potential problems and solicits assistance and input as needed to ensure that the project’s performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements.
- Presents progress, achievements, and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including funder, government, and other implementing partners.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of program activities and results to HJF HQ, MHRP, MRD-A/Kenya and PEPFAR locally employed staff (LES).
- Develops and maintains a broad, consistent, and constructive engagement with MHRP headquarters, HJF Home Office (HO) and HJF Regional Office (HRO) to foster a sense of shared community, mutual trust, and transparency.
- Attend local, regional and international meetings, as required.
- Provides collaborative assistance and mentoring to program personnel that require the incumbent’s expertise.
- Maintains a safe work environment with appropriate training of other personnel.
- Supports a productive team environment.
- Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of HIV disease, transmission, prevention and treatment. Prior PEPFAR experience is a plus.
- Experience managing relationships with governments, donors, and other partners in a complex political environment.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a proven track record of building, directing, motivating, and managing teams composed of technical experts, program managers, and administrative staff.
- Excellent employee development and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a variety of contexts; strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent strategic agility, diplomatic, advocacy, and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of applicable USG procurement and contracting policies.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Incumbent will be responsible for directing and supervising HJFMRI technical personnel in areas of care, treatment, laboratory, prevention and monitoring and evaluation to achieve PEPFAR programmatic objectives. Incumbent will work under the supervision of the Director, Global Health Program located in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Incumbent will work at either the HJF Regional Office in Nairobi or the PEPFAR office in Kericho and is expected to travel to the U.S. Embassy and MRD-A/Kenya supported facilities as well as Bethesda, Maryland as necessary to perform job responsibilities.
- Office environment with frequent travel to field sites and occasional international travel. May require working evenings and weekends, as necessary, to complete program objectives.
Education And Experience
- M.D. degree, or equivalent (e.g., MBBS)
- Minimum 7-10 years of senior level experience in program development, implementation, and management of health programs is required; prior experience serving at the director level required; management of research or medical programs experience highly desirable.