HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- HIAS works with communities’ natural systems to optimize support for Persons with Specific Needs (PSNs). This approach enables HIAS to meet the safety, psychosocial, economic, and justice needs of PSNs; and facilitate their access to appropriate care. HIAS seeks to recruit a Community Outreach Worker who will be required to identify the most at risk and vulnerable refugees, provide them with necessary information as needed and link them with opportunities for psychosocial assessment and vulnerability assessment preceding appropriate intervention.
- Identification of the most vulnerable refugees in the community in need of protection and psychosocial support (including counselling, food assistance, protection concerns, financial assistance, medical assistance etc.)
- Participation in community awareness and information dissemination to members of the community.
- Assist in referral of vulnerable refugees in the community to partner agencies for appropriate intervention.
- Provide support to caseworkers in the follow up and tracking of individual cases and updating the status accordingly.
- Assist in the provision of direct assistance to refugees in the community.
- Assist with translation for refugees in the community during assessments, home visits, counseling sessions and other activities as may be required.
- Assist in the mobilization of community members for support groups, community forums and sensitization campaigns within the communities.
- Accompany case workers for home visits, conduct individual visits, follow-ups and provide feedback reports to the case workers.
- Provide weekly and monthly quantitative and qualitative reports to the line manager highlighting individual performance, progress against targets and client needs and outcomes of assistance provided.
- Attend regular staff meetings, monthly debriefings, trainings, and other meetings as required and ensure regular personal development and supervision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 year working experience, including at least 6 months working with the refugee community, preferably with an NGO.
- Experience in the field of refugee protection and assistance is an added advantage.
- Must not be working in another agency.
- Basic literacy, writing and numeracy skills.
- Should be well integrated to the dynamics and needs of members of the refugee community within their areas.
- Good working knowledge of the community needs and gaps
- Ability to work with members of the community with little or no supervision
- Computer literacy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong training skills in community development and working with PSN will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP)
- Knowledge of Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in English or Kiswahili, Somali and other languages spoken within the Somali and Ethiopian communities eg: Amharic, Oromo, etc.
You must be logged in to post a comment.