Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
HIAS seeks to recruit a Resettlement Communications Officer who will handle communication at the country level on behalf of the resettlement department, respond to communications from clients, partners, embassies and high commissions as well as develop content related to resettlement activities, and maintain all HIAS Kenya Resettlement Communication channels.
- Receive and disseminate to respective case officers all client queries relating to resettlement case status physically, telephonically and through HIAS Resettlement shared mailbox.
- Organize and prepare for physical outreaches on HIAS Resettlement and its activities to target populations.
- Track analytics and create reports detailing client and partner communications as well as successes, challenges, lessons learned and recommendations.
- Prepare weekly briefs on client and partner communications to present to HIAS Resettlement staff.
- Work with Communication and resettlement team members to conceptualize and implement communication strategies, campaigns and other initiatives related to resettlement.
- Provide technical guidance to HIAS Kenya Resettlement staff in developing Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Monitor and respond to feedback from clients, partners, embassies, high commissions, HIAS staff and the public about HIAS Resettlement on traditional and digital channels.?
- Participate in the ongoing development of HIAS Kenya’s communications strategy and training of staff in communications best practices relating to resettlement.
- Advise HIAS Resettlement staff on communication strategy and best practices.
- Formulate and maintain up-to-date HIAS resettlement communications policies and guidelines.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University Degree in Law, International Studies and/or related studies.
- Minimum of 2-3years’ professional experience in working in refugee related context or in an NGO related context. Refugee Resettlement experience is preferred.
- Understanding of communications, external relations, and advocacy best practices.
- Avid reader with a keen eye on laws, Policies and issues affecting Persons of Concern at the National and Global level in the Resettlement context.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as analytical skills.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential).
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, partners, staff and the public.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations.
- Knowledge of PSEA.
You must be logged in to post a comment.