Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
HIAS seeks to recruit a Resettlement Officer who will be expected to contribute towards meeting the departmental goals, aimed at promoting resettlement as a durable solution for the most at-risk refugee populations. The Resettlement Officer will be responsible for intake interviews, resettlement interviews, the analysis of claims and need for resettlement and the drafting of Refugee Resettlement Forms (RRFs). The incumbent should be qualified to represent HIAS resettlement clients in the Kenyan courts and provide legal information and assistance as it pertains to the client’s resettlement case. They will also contribute to reporting for both internal HIAS purposes at the country and HQ levels and to donors. As part of the case management process, the Resettlement Officer will liaise with external referral stakeholders and partners and will conduct thorough case conferencing.
- Conduct resettlement interviews, analyze claims, and apply applicable international law in accordance with HIAS Standards Operating Procedures.
- Advise and represent clients in court for child custody matters.
- Draft Resettlement Referral Forms and send them to the Resettlement Coordinator for review.
- Complete resettlement forms for submission to relevant Embassies.
- Conduct case-conferencing and individual counseling to clients on the HIAS internal resettlement process and HIAS anti-fraud policy.
- Attend case counseling sessions for individual clients with the aim of providing clients with timely and accurate feedback on the status of their cases.
- Maintain a database and an individual case management strategy for cases under resettlement consideration.
- Update status of resettlement cases on the Case Management System.
- Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Provide technical and administrative support, and participate in trainings on resettlement and anti-fraud, including but not limited to preparing training materials and conducting research.
- Assist in the development of IEC materials on anti-fraud and resettlement case processing; and,
- Perform other duties as and when required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University Degree in Law.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in working in a refugee-related context or in an NGO-related context. Refugee Resettlement experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of international legal framework governing refugees, human rights/human rights law preferred,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interviewing and counseling skills
- Ability to interact with refugee populations, strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili required.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations
- Knowledge of PSEA
You must be logged in to post a comment.