ADVERTISEMENT FOR POSITION OF ASSISTANT MANAGER RESEARCH, STRATEGY AND PLANNING – GRADE 4
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya. The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) and/or the Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA), and recover funds loaned to create a National Revolving Fund. HELB is an innovative institution in the education sector whose focus is to leapfrog how Financing higher education is executed in Kenya by amalgamating public and private sector resources in the country.
HELB is seeking to recruit competent, self-driven individuals with an innate dynamism for the position of Assistant Manager Research, Strategy And Planning – Grade 4. The successful candidates to fill the positions will join a highly performing team and should not only be passionate, innovative,
and qualified, but also be of integrity, dependable, emotional intelligence, effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
Reporting to Chief Strategy and Customer Experience Officer, the job holder will be responsible for co-ordinating the implementation of policies and procedures for efficient and effective Strategic Plan formulation, Research, Quality Management, Performance Contracting, Performance Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Knowledge Management, Business Process Re-engineering, formulation and review of the Strategic Plan for the Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- a) Managing direct reports in the performance of their roles;
- b) Coordinating the development of the corporate strategy and monitoring its implementation;
- c) Supporting senior management within the institution in implementing and monitoring adherence to strategy, procedures and policies;
- d) Coordinating the Performance Contracting process in accordance with the annual guidelines;
- e) Coordinating the alignment of the departmental budgets to the strategic plan;
- f) Coordinating the Monitoring & Evaluation of all the institution’s programmes and projects;
- g) Coordinating the Monitoring and Evaluating execution of the approved Corporate Performance Contract;
- h) Coordinating the preparation and submission of progress reports to the Chief Strategy & Customer Experience Officer;
- i) Developing and implementing research strategy and annual research plan; j) Planning, designing, carrying out research/surveys and prepare reports;
- k) Managing outsourced research activities in accordance with the terms of reference; l) Managing institution’s business intelligence system and activities;
- m) Designing suitable tools for research and the reporting format of analysed data to facilitate decision making;
- n) Managing institution’s Knowledge Management activities;
- o) Coordinating the identification and evaluation of risks in liaison with other Departments and Directorates;
- p) Monitoring & evaluating of all the institution’s programmes and projects; q) Compilation and dissemination of various Monitoring & Evaluation reports; r) Conducting continuous Monitoring and Evaluation of the Strategic Plan and initiating course correction;
- s) Preparing and submitting progress reports to Chief Strategy and Customer Experience Officer;
- t) Implementing research strategy and annual research plan; u) Carrying out research/surveys and prepare reports;
- v) Carrying out periodic environmental analysis on emerging issues;
- w) Carrying out periodic data analysis and produce reports to inform decisions on core functions of the institution;
- x) Storing and reporting of vital statistics on the institution’s performance in core mandate;
- y) Designing suitable tools for research and the reporting format of analysed data to facilitate decision making;
- z) Carrying out periodic environmental analysis on business trends to facilitate decision making;
- a) Co-ordinating institution’s business intelligence system and Knowledge Management activities;
- b) Carrying out periodic data analysis and produce reports to inform decisions on core functions of the institution;
c) Implementing guidelines on analysis, storage and reporting of vital statistics on the institution’s performance on core mandate;
d) Identifying and evaluating of risks and implementing mitigation measures in liaison with other Departments and Directorates.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
a) A holder of a Bachelors Degree in Business studies, Management, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or any other relevant disciplines from a recognized university.
b) Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or any other relevant disciplines from a recognized university;
c) Member of a relevant professional body in good standing where applicable;
d) A minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience of three (3) of which should be at management role in a comparable organization.
Procedure for applying
If you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above:
• Please send your application letter, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials & certificates, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer not later than Tuesday, 31st January 2023 through email:
Email Address: email@example.com
• Please quote the position on the subject line while sending your application.
Ethics and Integrity:
Successful candidate shall be required to prove compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 by obtaining and presenting clearance/compliance certificates from:
1. Kenya Revenue Authority;
2. Higher Education Loans Board;
3. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
4. Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
5. Credit Reference Bureau.
HELB is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.