Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi Outreach Division is a rapidly growing network of 52 medical centers spread over East Africa. These medical centers feature three to five consulting rooms with a practice that is home to qualified medical officers, highly-experienced nurses and constant reception cover. The clinics offer an on-site pharmacy and laboratory as well as radiology and sonography services. There is high expectation for staff to provide high quality professional services.
The AKUH@Home field nurse aims to provide care that is compassionate, safe, ethical, patient- and family-centered, culturally congruent and evidence-based to enhance quality of life, augment accessibility and continuity of care, and improve patient outcome. The position holder will be responsible for providing community based services which include comprehensive nursing assessment, patient advocacy, exquisite care-coordination of medical care teams, routine medication administration and supportive care measures under clinical supervision.
- Perform comprehensive patient and environmental assessments related to home health needs
- Develop care plan in consultation with clinician
- Coordinate and implement care delivery while anticipating patient care needs across the continuum, utilizing nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation)
- Provide nursing care, administer medication and perform routine clinical procedures (including vital signs, I/V cannulation, access ports, IV drug/fluid administration, phlebotomy, collection and handling of specimens, etc.) according to program policies within the prescribed plan, in the home setting
- Monitor the patient’s physiological, physical and emotional response to treatment and identify patterns and trends. Able to pick up early warning signs and seek immediate support
- Evaluates patient’s response to plan of care and works in collaboration with the primary clinician to make any needed adjustments
- Support the patient and family (including psychosocial support) through disease progression, symptom management, advanced care planning and life closure, as appropriate
- Identifies learning needs of the patient and families and educates them by adapting to patient and family learning style utilizing the teach-back method.
- Fulfil safety and regulatory requirements: Perform initial and routine safety checks to ensure compliance and to assess and maintain a safe environment for patients, families, and staff in accordance with regulatory and institutional health standards.
- Ensure appropriate handling and disposal of biological and hazardous specimens/materials
- Oversee inventory management and facilitate maintenance of clinical supplies
- Ensure all near-misses, accidents, incidents and complaints are reported and to assist in the timely investigation and closure of same.
- Manage and maintain patient records for each visit
- KRCHN/RN/BScN from a recognized school of nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum requirement of 3 years’ continuous clinical experience in medical surgical Nursing. Experience in oncology, home care and/or palliative care is preferred
Closing Date : 21/09/2023, 9:59:00 PM