Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. MKU is largely known for its dynamic, comprehensive and thorough academic and vocational training system as well as linkages with internationally reputable institutions. The University operates from the main campus in Thika with campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret and Meru, as well as Open Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL) centres located in major towns in Kenya, Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda. In pursuit of fulfilling the Mission and Vision of the University, the Directorate of Human Resource is mandated to facilitate and support the Mission and operations of the University by enabling it to continue attracting, developing and retaining the right number of suitably qualified staff so as to maintain the University competitive edge. MKU invites applications from suitably qualified, visionary, competent, dynamic and experienced professionals with impeccable track record to fill the position Human Resource Assistant
- Education, Skills and Experience
- A Diploma/Higher Diploma in Human Resource management or relevant area of specialization.
- Must have at least Three (3) years’ experience in a comparable position.
- Must be Computer Literate.
Key responsibilities also include
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement effective staff communication channels internally and reporting
- Support customer service, and drive University culture by integrating HR service delivery.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting them to understand and implement University HR policies and procedures.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the University.
- Providing support services towards recruiting staff, selection and placements.
- Serve as point person for all staff questions on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Participating in review of HR policies, strategies and processes.
- Responsible for enhancing peaceful employee relations through implementation of the best work place practices.
- Maintaining and updating current HR files and database
Deadline closes : 23rd September 2023