Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
This position holder will report to the Country Director and she/he will provide leadership,supervision and support in the areas of talent management, performance management and staff development in areas that lead to the achievement of organizatinal vision. The role requires a combination of strong policy skills together with strong people management development skills. In addition, he/she will contribute to the attainment of KECO Strategic objectives through effective management of the Human Resource function and developing HR Services from a strategic perspective. The incumbent will ensure that the HR function is aligned to FCA Kenya core business and deliver sound and cost effective people management practices, system procedures and best practices through continuous improvement and prioritization. The candidate will lead the drafting, implementation and evaluating of human resource policies, plans and cross-functional decisions that will enable KECO to achieve its long-term objectives.
- Lead in conceptualizing, designing and implementing the people strategy to meet KECO needs.
- Work with the leadership in continuously reviewing, developing and implementing OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) of the organization
- Support staff and line managers with change management while facilitating necessary employee support program as well as legal considerations.
- Develop the HR Budget for proposals and awards and monitor spending to ensure budget compliance.
- Develop/ Update HR policies, programs and systems to support the achievement of the Kenya country office’s goals.
- Oversee standardized HR processes throughout FCA Kenya, assist in the development of localized procedures as required.
- Champion Gender Equity and Diversity initiative and staff wellness programs in the country office.
- Champion Prevention of Harassment, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PHSEA) in Kenya Country Office.
- Manage organization change management in an efficient and effective way.
HR Strategic Planning
- Development of HR Strategy of KECO and ensure alignment with the organizational goals and objectives
- Development and implementation of human resources planning, assisting with the new/existing departments to have needed staff with the right competence on time, both at national office and locations.
- Provide guidance and support to staff in completion of “Staffing Models” (workforce planning).
- Provide advisory support to Senior Management Team (SMT) and all Managers on all HR aspects as required.
- Providing direction in the annual HR planning process and prioritize activities for the HR department including staffing and organization, reward management, Kenya Office structure, staff contracting and exit processes.
- Advise the Country Director on HR needs and surpluses and the required action.
- Advice in reviewing and revising salary structure, pay policies, job grading etc.
- Implement compensation and benefit policies and practices to ensure that staff are rewarded in line with both general market practice and individual performance level.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish positive employee-employee relationships and employee-employer relationships.
- Work directly with line managers to assist them with employee relations matters.
Recruitment/On & Off boarding
- Ensure compliance to organizational policies, processes and plans with regard to all aspects of recruitment, onboarding & offboarding.
- Preparation of interview reports and presentation for review and approval with interview outcome summary for the senior management roles.
- Oversee Off- Boarding process for all staff exiting the organization including conducting exit interviews, termination of benefits etc.
- Provide excellent customer service via email, phone or in person; answers questions from employees and the general public regarding human resources issues, and responds to employment verification requests and other requests for information.
Information flow & Communication
- Improve staff engagement levels through ensuring regular and transparent flow of communication throughout the organization, embracing feedback & ensuring timely and transparent action is taken.
- Improve the tone, frequency and clarity of communication including through monthly newsletters, HR check ins and informal coffee chats.
- Establish a team building mechanism and activities to foster openness, trust and corporation.
Staff Development & Motivation
- Supervise the implementation of staff development and ensure talent development and management.
- Advise on staff training needs and support the implementation of both formal and non- formal staff training programs.
- Support in conducting specialized training programs on key HR areas like, Mission, Vision, Values, Who We are, Our Brand and other key areas of focus for staff knowledge and development.
- Where necessary and on identified needs, the HRM will undertake facility visits to support facility heads at project level.
- Coordinate and follow through the administration on the delivery of staff learning and development initiatives as per the needs identified.
- Ensure harmonious employee relations that foster achievement of individual and organization goals and objectives across the County office.
- To conduct regular field visits in a bid to create interactive and open relationships between staff and management.
HR Policies & Procedures
- Formulate, maintain and update human resource management policies for Kenya Office and ensure standardized HR processes are implemented across the organization and assist in the development of localized procedures as required.
- Ensure that all contracts i.e., employment, insurance and consultancy, adequately comply with FCA policies, international laws, local laws and donor requirements.
- Ensure payroll is accurately processed and payslips shared within agreed timelines each month.
- Ensure staff health and safety are prioritized including through the development and implementation of a clear OSH Policy.
Report generation / data analysis:
- Track and analyze all activity related to human resource management based on realistic and meaningful KPIs.
- Regularly generate and review HR data and reports, including on the progress of talent acquisition, retention, performance management and human resource activities.
- Track Audit/investigation reports, lead the HR team in developing action points and follow up the implementation of the audit actions points related to HR aspects
Payroll management/HRIS and Benefits administration
- Supervise and ensure that payroll has been processed in a timely, efficient way, ensuring completeness and accurate documentation
- Review the payroll report before approval and payment.
- Review and recommend employee benefit programs, and security, safety and health program to respective teams for approval and implementation.
Employee Relations & Legal Counsel
- Support and endeavours to uphold the rights and responsibilities of each staff member, as outlined in the FCA Kenya HR policy in order to promote positive discipline at all levels.
- Participate in disciplinary committee hearings as assigned by the Country Director. In addition, support facility heads in resolving conflicts and major employee grievances.
- Provide support, understanding and counsel to staff while making sure that open communication is maintained at all times.
- Support employee relations with professionalism; support investigations to resolve issues/conflict in the workplace.
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements
- Maintain an effective negotiation process and harmonious employee/employer relationship.
- Liaise closely with external legal counsel as required and manage labour disputes with employer bodies, government agencies and labour relation authorities.
- Prepares and submit quarterly reports on litigation status.
- Ensure compliance with all labor laws and minimization of legal exposure
- Advise on the performance management process including; creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conduct training on goal -setting, utilize budgets to organize development activities and work one on one with managers and employers
- Support in ensuring timely completion of the annual performance evaluation process
- Facilitating performance management process through proper documentation tracking and coding of appraisal documents and proper identification of key development areas.
- Review, develop and implement effective employee performance management system, aligned with FCA guidelines; train line managers and provide advice and support for performance management issues.
Develop a High Performing HR Team
- Provide positive leadership to the HR team and the company as a whole.
- Develops skills of the HR team – identifying individual training needs as well as encouraging effective teamwork, with a focus on succession planning.
- Motivate the team – giving recognition and praise wherever possible.
- Deal with team performance issues promptly and appropriately.
- Pre-empt the need for and manage change where necessary within the team.
- Provides individual support to new HR team members – ensuring a full induction is provided for and adequate support is given during their learning curve.
- Develop and implement a feedback process and enroll it to the whole organisation.
- Training All employees and new employees on the feedback process.
- Ensure the monthly one-ones are implemented in the organisation
- Develop and implement a FCA training strategy
- Create a library and online learning for employee to drive their own learning.
- Performance Reviews of 100% of employees carried out on quarterly basis
- Line Managers hold monthly one-on-one meetings every month with direct reports
- Time to hire for open Jobs of 45 days per job.
- Weekly updated HR KPIs per week
- Satisfaction score of >80% on HR services
- Satisfaction score of >80% on overall Employee Satisfaction Survey
Key Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Human Resource Management with atleast 8 years’ experience as a HR generalist in INGO or Coorperate Organization.
- Or Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related field with 8 years’ experience as a HR generalist of which 5 years should be in Senior management.
- Should be a member of a recognized human resources professional body (IHRM) and in good standing and MUST be a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP).
- Outstanding competencies in Microsoft Office and the ability to use HRIS technology.
- Conversant with labor legislation related to human resources and employee management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a professional manner
- Ability to complete a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- Report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible, comfortable with deadlines and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
Deadline for receiving applications is 30th November, 2023