Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PSI seeks a Human Resources (HR) Business Partner II that will manage a portfolio of departments, working closely with department leaders to develop integrated talent solutions that balance the achievement of business and talent management goals. The HR Partner II will be bilingual English/French to support a diverse portfolio that includes Francophone African countries, in addition to US/Globally based teams. This role will advise on tactics and strategies related to the full talent life cycle including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, change management, learning and development, compensation, and workforce planning.
Salary And Benefits
For all applicants applying outside of the US; please note that those hired outside of the US will be employed through the local PSI office. Pay and benefits will be commensurate with the role and practices of the local office, including payment in local currency.
- Partner with and advise client groups on the development and implementation of workforce planning strategies that facilitate the achievement of business goals and enable the business to cultivate a high performing workforce. Develop strong relationships and an in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses while staying abreast of industry practices to advise on recruitment, staffing, internal mobility, retention, performance, and team member development strategies. 35% of Time
- Advise management and leadership on the resolution of day-to-day to complex employee relations issues. Manage and resolve issues including but not limited to disciplinary actions, performance, and investigations. Conduct and document effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Reduce legal risks and ensures regulatory compliance by maintaining knowledge of legal requirements relating to HR Management. 30% of Time
- Lead HR initiatives, projects, and process improvements, promoting consistency in application across business units and geographic locations (Domestic or International). Programs may focus on compliance (US and International), diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), enhancing the HR Network, branding, onboarding and succession planning. 25% of Time
- Collaborate with HR functional leads to facilitate seamless integration of full talent management life cycle service delivery to client groups. Initiate and oversee the HR administration/transaction processing for client groups. 10% of Time
Time percentages listed above are not exact. They are estimates and may change. This is also not an exhaustive list of all tasks that an incumbent is expected to perform but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included above. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field.
- At least 7 years of related experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
- French and English fluency required.
- HR certification preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including, but not limited to employee development, change management, recruitment, branding, compensation practices, employee relations, compliance, performance management, and domestic (US) and international employment law.
- In-depth knowledge of donor regulations that impact HR policies, procedures and programs preferred.
- Excellent customer service, relationship building/management and consensus building skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Able to proactively identify opportunities, diagnose problems and develop client-centered and evidence-based solutions.
- Able to translate complex HR policies, processes, and recommendations to non-HR professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check. All applicants must be authorized to work in the country of residency. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.