Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The purpose of this role is to provide an opportunity to a young graduate to gain hands-on work experience with the Regional Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA) team. The young graduate will work with the HEA Staff keeping tabs of critical support requirements in emergency preparedness planning, response management, and knowledge management.
Information Management and Data Administration
- Contribute to the definition of information requirements and the development of data flows, data quality assurance & quality control, and information management standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Support with the design, development and testing of data collection forms using Esri’s ArcGIS technology (i.e. Surveys) or other platforms (i.e. ODK, Kobo etc).
- Consolidate humanitarian response data from 9 field offices, and coordinate the development of information products such as situation reports, maps, funding appeals, sector infographics, GIS, data visualisation, maps, official statistics and other data and information management activities.
- Support the documentation of all HEA products including best practices, approaches, Real Time Learning etc
- Manage HEA Box and TEAMs platforms to ensure ease of access of documents.
- Maintain an updated humanitarian response register and action points running sheet. Improve data quality in the region/countries through field support, monitoring and feedback.
- Work closely with humanitarian advisors and Anticipatory Action Coordinator to ensure the data is fit for the purpose.
- Develop information management products such as web/desktop maps, dashboards templates, and dashboards using tools such as Power BI, Esri’s ArcGIS technology and Tableau.
- Support the gathering and analysis of primary and secondary data for interpretation and evidence-informed decision making and package these for use
- Support in preparation of key events organized by HEA e.g trainings etc
- Support in capturing notes and minutes for meetings and any other as assigned.
- Actively participate and support resource mobilisation efforts for humanitarian and disaster risk reduction interventions.
- Working with HEA, Advocacy and Communications department in amplifying the voices of children and evidence-based impact through identifying potential stories and content that can be multi-purposed.
- Support and coordinate with the Regional Office and FOs in development of regional blogs and opinion pieces that can be published externally (View, wvi.org) internally (Ignite).
- Work closely with RAM as per request to provide any necessary support
- Participate in critical meetings with key stakeholders when delegated to ensure WV is well represented
- Consolidate write-ups of external meetings for internal sharing
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Graduate with an interest in Disaster Management and passionate about data analytics, having graduated within two years of application.
- Degree in any of the following: Data Analytics/Data Science/ Statistics/ Information Management/ Statistics or a related field.
- High interest and good understanding of humanitarian industry; Sphere Standards; Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Work Environment: Office based with Limited travel