Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF Operational Centre of Brussels (OCB) ICT unit delivers ICT services to MSF field teams (approx. 6000 users) in about 40 countries around the world and to +/- 500 users in Brussels Headquarters. In a rapidly evolving digital landscape, the OCB ICT unit is a field-centric and people-inspired team and our vision is to “digitally empower MSF to improve our humanitarian and medical impact”. It aims to provide and support MSF with a “fit-for-purpose, reliable and secure digital ecosystem that is responsive to MSF operational and organizational needs”. It enables new and more effective ways of working; enhances transversal collaboration between functional departments; and supports exploration and innovation.
Integrated in a pool of Project Managers within the headquarters ICT Unit, reporting to the Project Portfolio Manager and in collaboration with the Project Portfolio Management Committee, as the ICT Project Manager you manage ICT related projects and initiatives assigned to you, establishing a strong partnership with key internal stakeholders.
You monitor, control and report project status to the project steering committee members. You oversee the end-to-end project lifecycle from requirement and scoping phase with the client until the delivery and closure of the project.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility based on IT expert’s recommendation
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation (business case, project brief, project plan, etc.)
- Coordinate requirement gathering and translation into technical specification with support of IT experts
- Facilitate and coordinate planning sessions and team meetings
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Ensure realization of project objectives, deadlines, and value-creation for the organization
- Coordinate project team members and their deliverables
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients and project stakeholders and manage expectations
- Monitor & control plans, budgets, risk log, quality standards, deliverables, and dependencies
- Manage & report project progress and adapt work as required
- Establish adequate change management strategy for a successful adaptation of IT solutions
- Ensure proper administrative closure and handover to relevant stakeholders
- Internal Stakeholders management, by establishing a strong partnership with Internal Stakeholders, in particular in the Digital, CRM, Communication & Fundraising domain
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information System Management, or related fields, or equivalent by demonstrated experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the IT sector
- At least 3 years of project management experience in the role of IT project manager in the area of Digital Identity, CRM, and Business Transformation more in general (i.e., roll-out of new applications, technology enhancements and upgrades, process digitalization)
- Prince II, PMP, SCRUM Master certificates are a plus
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs in similar contexts is a plus
- Mastering of project management tools and methodologies (waterfall / agile / hybrid)
- Very good understanding of Digital Identity management, MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication), End Point Management solutions, Web Development technologies, Office automation, Cloud Management, Data Management and Digitalization of manual processes, good understanding of latest technology, familiarity with application development and deployment process
- Finance acumen to develop, track and report on project budgets
- Ability to report to Steering Committee, including fine Report writing and Presentation skills
- Requirements collection and prioritization
- Highly literate in Microsoft Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Teams
- Capacity to use Microsoft Project, Power BI-like tools is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Flexible, pro-active, well-structured, and quality-oriented
- Resilient, excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an eye for details
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders (transversally & remotely)
- Well-developed multi-cultural awareness and ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Motivation and interest to work within humanitarian domain and MSF
- Oral & written fluency in English
- Oral & written fluency in French is a strong asset
- Expected starting date: November 2023
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Contract type: Open-ended contract – Full time
- An annual salary of EUR 32,703 at Level 4B based on a full-time appointment
- Global benefit package includes school fee benefit/support for dependents and other allowances ranging between EUR 620-1,159/month based on individual & administrative status
- Other benefits include 25 days of annual leave, Employer Pension contribution, Medical Insurance (staff and family), Relocation support for non-Kenyan residents etc. based on MSF EA terms/conditions
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
- Deadline for applications: 11/10/2023
How to Apply
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org and mention “ICT Project Manager Nairobi” in the subject of your email.