Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are seeking candidates with a strong background in data analysis and visualization, and a passion for using data to tackle difficult social problems. Most importantly, successful candidates should possess the ability to work independently to solve complex challenges, both human and technological.
As an Analytics Associate, the day-to-day work may include:
- Working with DoD team members to document their data and information needs: understanding survey management processes and how they can be supported through analytical reports and dashboards.
- Supporting DoD teams to configure IDinsight’s SurveyStream survey management product for new surveying activities.
- Writing SQL queries and building dashboard views for new surveying activities.
- Helping DoD team members troubleshoot issues with reports and dashboards during ongoing surveying activities.
- Streamlining survey support activities by developing generalized reports and dashboard templates.
- Coordinating with the SurveyStream data engineering team on issues related to data quality, data governance, and generally supporting users’ information needs.
Required Technical Qualifications=
- Experience working with users to document business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Proficiency working with SQL.
- Strong understanding of data modeling principles.
- Proficiency designing and building dashboards using tools like Superset, Tableau, or PowerBI.
- Proficiency using git and GitHub for version control.
Other Required Qualifications
- Proven ability to work alone and with teams in a dynamic, multicultural environment.
- Passion for improving lives through evidence-informed policy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in languages spoken in countries where IDinsight works is a plus.
- Strong values aligned with IDinsight’s stated values.
- Ability and interest in sharing knowledge, mentoring others, presenting work, and reviewing the work of others.
- Deeply passionate about global development and improving lives in disadvantaged populations
- Open-minded self-starter who will thrive while tackling new, unusual, and unpredictable challenges
The most competitive applicants will also have experience in one or more of the following:
- 2 years of relevant experience in a business analyst or data analyst role.
- Experience working with dbt.
- Experience working with Python.
- Understanding of best practices related to monitoring and enforcing data quality at scale.
- Experience with workflow orchestration/data pipelining tools like Airflow, Luigi, or Dagster.