IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
About Ilara Health
Ilara Health is building a tech-enabled primary care model for Africa by leveraging on existing, hyper-fragmented care infrastructure. We partner with high potential healthcare entrepreneurs running the 200,000+ primary care centers that deliver care to hundreds of millions of patients across the continent each year, and equip them with the physical and digital tools they need to provide better healthcare. Our technology platform supports our clinician partners in delivering better care to their patients as well as streamlining their clinic operations. Founded in 2019, we have partnered with over 1,300 independent clinics across Kenya providing a direct pathway to over 3 million patients yearly.
The Credit & Collections Manager role
The Credit and collections manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company’s credit and collection department. They will oversee a team of individuals who work to ensure that customers pay on time, resolve any issues with past due payments, and maintain good relationships with customers. Your responsibilities include monitoring receivables to determine which accounts are most likely to become delinquent in the near future, designing and implementing processes to improve cash flow and reduce the receivables, while monitoring collections.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team and process management:
- Manage, support and monitor performance of a collections team
- Design and ensure the implementation of collections processes end to end
- Credit Risk Assessment:
- Credit assessment through KYC for different customers
- Monitoring trends in customer accounts to identify potential risk factors such as missed payments
- Monitoring collection activities to ensure that the team in charge of collections are following proper procedures
- Monitoring the status of delinquent accounts and contacting delinquent customers to encourage them to make payments on time
- Working with credit bureaus for listings and de-listings
- Working with attorneys to collect on judgments awarded by small courts
- Be accountable for collection targets
- Reviewing accounts receivable records and identifying discrepancies in billing or collections activities
- Reviewing accounts to determine whether they should be written off as uncollectible
- Implementing innovative ways to improve collections processes to management
- Manage regular internal reporting on collection and KYC metrics
- Creating new analyses to uncover insights
- Presenting collection and KYC metrics in internal meetings
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration with at least three years of experience in credit & collections
- Communication skills(Written & verbal): As a credit and collections manager, you will be required to communicate with clients, management, and other members of your team.
- Technical knowledge: Analyze and Interpret the numbers and data that you and your team work with on a daily basis.
- Problem-solving skills: As a credit and collections manager, you will be responsible for resolving escalated customer issues and finding ways to improve the company’s collections and credit policies.
- Organizational skills: To manage multiple tasks at once – keep track of your teams progress, manage your teams workload, delegate tasks to your team members, and report to management.
- Leadership skills: As a credit and collections manager, you will be responsible for supervising a team of individuals – motivating your team and encouraging them to perform well.