Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Title: Product Owner – Enterprise Digital Solutions
Department/ Division: Digital Business
Job Grade: Manager
Reports to: Tribe Lead, Corporate Channels & Enterprise Digital Solutions
Direct Reports: None
The job holder will be responsible for leading the technical product development and maintenance of digital business solutions integrating I&M group companies with their external stakeholders (Customers, Partners, Regulators, Aggregators, etc) in a bid to make us their financial services provider of choice.
Digital solutions in scope will be those that either support outward cash payments or inward cash collections in line with the group’s strategic goals of increasing non-funded income (NFI) and lowering the cost of funds through optimising transactional fees and increasing current/savings account (CASA) average daily balances, respectively.
The role is responsible for envisioning, design, implementation and overseeing maintenance of re-imagined digital first payments & collection integration solutions targeted at the consumer, business, and corporate segments.
In addition, the job holder will be the bridge between all other digital business technical build teams and the ICT (Information Communication Technology) core banking application’s architecture and operations teams. They will take part in all core banking application integration design works taking the role of design authority and maintaining solution architecture documentation for posterity. Integration solutions in scope here will include the API Gateway, Payments Gateway, Enterprise Service Bus and the Finacle integration suite (Connect24 & Finacle Integrator/ FI).
The job holder will maintain a product backlog, develop user stories, take part in scrum ceremonies, product testing, technical manual and standard operating procedure documentation, technical & end user training, and developing go to market strategies for new or revamped digital products.
The role will also continuously monitor and control products post go-live to ensure they meet agreed revenue and profitability targets.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Championing digital banking and finding opportunities for improving business processes through automation.
- Monitoring market trends and carrying out competitive analysis of the bank’s payments & collection solutions as compared to peers.
- Gathering functional and non-functional business ideas and analysing to design processes flow and possible solution documentation.
- Serving as liaison between technical and business teams to translate business requirements into effective technical solutions and presenting development options based on best practices.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external vendors on project planning and execution of change processes with respect to Business Policy Rules and system enhancements.
- Actively takes part in SCRUM team and program ceremonies, backlog refinement sessions, iteration planning activities.
- Shapes and owns the digital product roadmap and vision
- Owns the team backlog – maintaining and prioritising in line with Product Management direction and earliest delivery of value to our customers
- Takes content authority for the team backlog, ensures that quality of team’s documented user story and acceptance criteria follows agreed standards
- Stands for the end user and works with SMEs (Subject Matter Expert) to understand requirements, supporting the definition of features and co-creating user stories and other required artefacts
- Provides continuous feedback on development, and provides story acceptance per agreed acceptance criteria and ‘definition of done’
- Works with System Architect to prioritise enablers
- Involved in System User Acceptance Testing & offering Business Units support and training in all developed Digital Solutions.
- Providing support and training continually to bank staff on new systems, products, and policy updates.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical, and verbal skills, well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to find solutions to complex problems.
- The ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload to meet deadlines.
- Customer Centric with the ability to offer customers alternative solutions based on their unique circumstances and channel(s) of choice whilst maintaining an overall coherent internal solution stack.
- Strong business acumen
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle particularly within agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, SAFe)
- Experienced in leading agile feature teams to deliver both new and continuous improvements to customers
- Experienced in the use of modelling tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Strong business and customer focus, and an appreciation of customer led design and user experience techniques
- Able to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- Able to understand and explain complex technical concepts to business stakeholders
- Experience working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
- University degree or equivalent
- At least 6 years banking experience, 3 of which should have been in technical product implementation, enterprise architecture design and/or technical systems support
- Good understanding of Finacle Product Architecture, Customization Options, and Integration Services.
- Good understanding of banking applications and services e.g. CTS, SWIFT, RTGS, Cards, ATMs, CDMs (Cash Deposit Machines), Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Bancassurance etc.) and shall understand how to integrate with digital channels.
- Working experience with at least one Enterprise Service Bus and/ or API Gateway.
- Experience in project management will be an added advantage
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our www.imbankgroup.com/ke and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 8th February 2023.