Impact Water is a global social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water to schools. The company delivers reliable, low-cost water treatment technologies to public and private schools in Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda and finances its operation through carbon emission reductions resulting from the displacement of boiling water. To date, over 30,000 schools and 12m+ students have been reached. Over time, the company aims to expand its model to reach 100,000+ schools, using blended finance (equity, debt and grants) in support of the human right to safe drinking water and the SDGs.
We believe that quality data and technology innovation are crucial to building the most effective distribution network for safe drinking water solutions in Africa. We have made key investments over the past 2 years in MIS solutions, including reshaping our data model in Salesforce and adopting Taroworks for all data collection. Taroworks has allowed us to track all our activities centrally in Salesforce, from deliveries and education visits to water meter readings and one-off infrastructure surveys.
You will join the Global team as Global MIS and M&E Associate to continue improving and building solutions to support our country offices.
- Salesforce administration and development: lead salesforce administration and collaborate with Salesforce developers when needed. Reshape and improve our data model to meet evolving needs of the company.
- Taroworks administration: create, manage and improve all jobs and forms needed by country offices
- Survey creation/data collection: be a thought leader on survey design, particularly during pilots; take responsibility for designing Taroworks surveys that allow our teams to make better decisions
- Database management: continually spot check incoming data for quality and work with country offices to clean data when necessary
- Data analysis: create reports and dashboards for country office teams that allow them to stay on top of activities; continually monitor and evaluate data from all field activities to help with decision making
- Reporting: prepare final databases for carbon issuances
- Technology innovation: research, test and implement technologies that make our teams more effective and inefficient
- M&E: design and run small-scale outcome evaluations to study the effectiveness of our programs
- Capacity building: hold weekly or bi-weekly training workshops with staff to improve MIS and M&E skills, like excel analysis or making dashboards in Salesforce to track work.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning. You’ll have weekly check-ins with the Regional Director and regular feedback on your performance. The Regional Director was the former MIS Director, so you will be working with someone that speaks the same language. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and make rewarding contributions.
Reporting and Relationships
This position will report to the Regional Director and will have substantial interaction with the global and country-level leadership teams. The ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with multiple staff at a variety of levels will be important to the success of this role.
Location and Travel Requirements
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. International, regional and domestic travel will be expected, up to 8+ weeks, including regular technical assistance trips to the Nigeria office in Lagos.
Experience and Skills Required
- Degree or background in Computer science is preferred
- 2+ years’ experience supervising field work in challenging environments
- Experience in the social enterprise sector in Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and Taroworks is preferred
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, active listening, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent intellectual credentials combined with strong emotional intelligence skills
- English proficiency with 100% fluency; additional language skills are welcomed
High levels of integrity
How to apply
Kindly apply by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and by mentioning the position title in the email subject.
We will be moving on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.