Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We believe that technology is a necessity in growing and building the most effective and impactful rural distribution network on the African continent. Today, we reach 1.5 million farm families and we aspire to serve more than 10 million annually in the coming decade. Reporting to the Information Security Manager, you will ensure technical security measures are implemented on applications, endpoints, email, and cloud infrastructure. You will also defend the information enterprise following established guidelines and practices.
- Design, implement and support vulnerability assessment and penetration testing (VAPT) tools
- Build and conduct VAPTs and other security testing activities on all technology layers (containers, web & mobile applications, software code, database and OS), evaluating the criticality and prioritization to provide the most suitable remediation
- Provide technical support to system administrators and owners in analyzing, understanding, and remediating the reported vulnerability findings
- Develop, maintain and improve security policies, secure coding practices and guidelines, following industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with Dev and Develops teams to implement application or software security improvements
- Collaborate with project and product management teams to provide technical security related support to technology projects
- Provide monitoring of our technical infrastructure & assets for cybersecurity threat indicators, assist to detect, report, and respond to security incidents
- Track emerging and realized threats such as investigating phishing campaigns, sensitive data leakage events using available tools.
- Manage communication and coordination with stakeholders during incident response
- Develop, update, and deliver Information security awareness material and training across departments
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in Information security or Cyber Security Field
- In-depth experience in vulnerability Management, security testing/penetration testing
- Working knowledge of security testing tools. Ex. Tenable/Nessus, Qualys, Burpsuite, Snyk, Sonarcloud
- In-depth experience in system and cloud infrastructure hardening
- University degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Cyber Security
- Information Security certification in one or more as a: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA),Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),Certified Information Security Manager (CISM),Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Understanding of industry security frameworks & standards: NIST CSF or similar
- Collaboration & stakeholder coordination
Application deadline- 28th September 2023