Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 6,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. RTI’s Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R) technical unit within the International Development Group brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R will leverage RTI’s experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world.
The USAID funded Power Africa Empowering East and Central Africa (EECA) activity will increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and clean energy in East and Central Africa with a focus on ending energy poverty, accelerating a carbon free future, and bolstering energy sector investment and innovation. EECA will support the accelerated connection of more East and Central African homes, businesses, and institutions to reliable electricity and increase its productive use; reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the energy sector by supporting cleaner electricity generation and just energy transitions; and increase energy sector investment, working in partnership with East and Central African governments to improve the enabling environment for the energy sector.
- The Institutional Performance Improvement Specialist is responsible for improving the technical and commercial performance of utility partners by assisting them in the implementation of loss reduction strategies to advance objectives of the program under Power Africa. The Specialist will report to the Institutional Performance Improvement Lead/Cross-Cutting Lead.
- Provide support and capacity building to utilities to improve planning, management processes and capabilities, and technical and operational procedures, and enforce accountability for losses and collections.
- Support loss-reduction programs and activities aimed at increasing utilities’ creditworthiness.
- Liaise with project teams to provide technical and management support on tariff reform.
- Support utility counterparts to implement plans, implement management, and leadership and conduct activities that improve billing and collections.
- Facilitate adoption of policies that improve business processes, systems, and maintenance culture; ensure effective training and development; lower transaction costs; create a more competitive transaction-enabling environment; attract investment capital; and provide a climate of transparency, reliability, and predictability for investors.
Required minimum qualification and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience, master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in utility turnaround.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and capacity building to utilities to improve planning, management processes and capabilities, and technical and operational procedures, and enforce accountability for losses and collections
- Good writing and communication skills in English is essential.