Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the Director-General of UNON is the representative of the Secretary-General in Kenya. UNON supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) and the Resident Coordination System (RCS) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, security, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This position is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON), Human Resources Management Service (HRMS), Talent Acquisition Unit (TAU).
The UNON Archives and Records Management internship is for 6 months.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
- Under the direct supervision of the cluster team lead the intern will assist with data analysis, reporting and record keeping documentation for Talent Acquisition Unit (TAU):
- Arrange and digitize signed contracts received from consultants and individual contractors.
- Gather data from various sources, including databases, spreadsheets, and external data sets, ensuring its accuracy and completeness.
- Clean and transform raw data to make it suitable for analysis.
- Perform statistical analysis and data mining to identify trends, patterns, and insights within the data.
- Create clear and informative data visualizations, such as charts, graphs, and dashboards, to communicate findings effectively.
- Support in developing workflows and procedures related to consultants or any other TAU archiving documentation and record keeping.
- Create reports and other documentation about consultants and any other required record keeping.
- Provide support with the preparation, delivery, and follow up on different activities (e.g. memos, contracts, official documents, communication or others).
- Provide data periodically from iNeed regarding consultants and individual contractors e.g. gender, nationality/geography etc.
- Update promptly, the documents and excel sheet in Teams for the RCS consultants.
- Participate in designing and improving archives and records keeping for non-staff (consultants and individual contractors)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Education Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred areas of studies:
- Information Sciences, Human Resources or any other related field of study.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Academic qualification in undergraduate studies in Information Sciences and Human Resources is required.
- Experience in computer literacy in standard software applications is desirable.
- Experience in working with MS Excel creating pivot tables and charts using worksheet data and external resources is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
Deadline closes : 02 October 2023