Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
To ensure adequate and effective governance, internal control and risk management processes and systems and provide an assurance of the same.
Reporting to: Internal Audit Manager
- Assist in performing assigned tasks as per the annual internal audit plan
- Examine internal controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk, and recommend changes to the internal control systems.
- Participate in the change management processes while interacting with staff at various levels.
- Assist in review compliance to policies, procedure and regulations
- Provide inputs and support implementation of the risk-based audit workplan
- Analyse deficiencies in management controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or irregularities to improve the control environment
- Assist to Coordinate external audit and other assurance providers
- Assist in follow up recommendations made in both internal and external audit reports
- Reviews transactions that have financial implications to ensure regularity of receipt, custody and disposal of funds and other financial resources of the KRCS
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Prepare periodic audit reports on fraud, errors or other findings, showing sufficient evidence, documenting working papers and making appropriate recommendations
- Research on engagement planning risk assessment information and obtain sufficient background information related to the subject to be audited.
- Travels as part of an audit team to carry out field audit assignments at KRCS regions, branches, project sites and implementing partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or related fields.
Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies
- CPA (K) or ACCA (UK) qualification
- Member a relevant professional body
- Certified Internal Auditor qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience in the areas of audit, risk management, compliance.
- Advanced data analytics, automated controls testing, monitoring and Robotics.
- Demonstrated understanding of internal auditing standards in respect of audit, internal control, risk and governance principles.
- Creative problem solving and Innovative mindset.
- Good Communication skills and ability to engage with various stakeholders and can facilitate workshops e.g fraud prevention, effective internal controls, etc.
- Experience in general auditing of small organizations (CBO’s or CSO’s)
- Effective root cause analysis
- Knowledge in HIV programs/ general donor funded programs is an added advantage
Closing Date 25th September 2023