Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
ROLE: INTERNAL AUDIT OFFICER
Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager, the ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the Bank has effective financial, administrative and management systems and controls, adequate and effective risk management processes and ensure observance of good corporate governance practices.
The Officer will conduct financial, operational and compliance audits and furnish management with analyses, advice and recommendations concerning risk management, control and governance processes.
KEY JOB DESCRIPTION
- Conducting reviews from various units/ branch & ensure timely closure.
- Ensuring appropriate audit planning; Execution; documentation and timely reporting.
- Providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities.
- Timely reporting of audit findings for management action
- Coordinating meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes.
- Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people and ensure proper follow up.
- Assessing compliance with Bank rules and regulations & informing management whether any issue needs to be addressed.
- Conducting exit meetings and ensure suitable understanding of concerns to be addressed.
- Testing the operations and credit procedures and support to the design adequate financial controls
- Improving customer care by initiating improvements to the financial control and auditing process
- Developing new audit programs to ensure adequate financial controls.
- Planning internal client meetings and oversee financial disclosures.
- Reviewing and making recommendations on systems, policies and regulations.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business-Related course with completed or on-going professional qualification e.g ACCA, CPA OR CIA
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in auditing preferably in a financial institution or in an internationally accredited audit firm.
- Broad knowledge of Banking industry including regulatory framework.
- Excellent report writing, oral communication, logical and analytical skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs) and full MS Office suite.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Open minded with the ability to learn in a dynamic environment, good commercial awareness and knowledge on international best practice standards in financial reporting (IFRS), IIA standards and Corporate Governance.
Deadline closes : 1st December 2023