Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Under the guidance of Head of Field Office (HoFo), the Head of Programmes will support in the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of all WFP supported project activities in the Field Office.
- Coordinate and consolidate field annual work plans for the field office covering all project activities, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance. Or guidelines?
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straightforward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, oversee progress to ensure completion on time, and coordinate with stakeholders to address issues and concerns throughout the project life cycle.
- Liaise with the HoFo to develop strategies to improve overall program management processes and outcomes.
- Provide programmatic support to programme staff and partners to ensure synergy and complementarity and enhance activity delivery and compliance with both WFP’s rules/regulations and the donor standards as defined in the respective project documents.
- Monitor field activity delivery with reference to the area-based annual work plan and memoranda of understanding with county government and other partners, ensuring that rigorous quality standards, timeliness, achievement of project objectives and impact are maintained.
- Prepare and update accurate and timely annual, quarterly, and monthly field office project activity implementation reports, and other documentation related to project operations that enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to build collaboration leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Identify training needs and arrange for necessary support for capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g., through project management support learning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Support programme delivery and ensure the implementation of corporate tools such as COMET, SCOPE, LESS, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Three (3) years post graduate relevant professional experience with a first degree in Livestock Production, Rangeland Management, Animal Health, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management or other related field.
- One (1) year post graduate relevant professional experience with master’s degree.
- Training in Project planning and management, Participatory approaches, and methodologies, Monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in designing livestock production-related projects, setting up and coordinating monitoring, evaluation.
- Proven experience of working with government agencies, private sector, and research institutes.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e., Agriculture, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (East African Time) on 3rd December 2023.