Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
To provide support to nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical advice to the Area Office’s team on programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, activities, and transfer modalities for nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programming in line with WFP standards and processes.
- In coordination with the Nutrition Technical Unit, provide support in programme design and implementation of nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive interventions as well as resource mobilization efforts for the area office (Central).
- Carry out regular field visits to the project sites as appropriate and take lead in improving implementation of nutrition programme activities, and prepare reports outlining findings, recommendations, and improvement action plans.
- Lead operational partnerships, including inter-agency collaboration, to ensure a strong multi-sectoral response to nutrition in both emergency and non-emergency settings.
- Lead in knowledge sharing and documentation for the area office staff and stakeholders to build capacity around nutrition integration as well as approaches for supplementation and prevention of acute malnutrition aligned to the new WHO guidelines.
- Work closely with cooperating partners to improve coverage of implementation and quality of nutrition programme including identifying gaps and strengthening their capacity.
- Provide technical guidance and support on transition of nutrition management according to the new WHO recommendations for Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) management aligning with WFP standards and procedures.
- Lead the development and implementation of social behavior change communication activities for nutrition in the area office (Central).
- Collaborate with the monitoring and evaluation unit to assess the food and nutrient gap to identify multisectoral opportunities and entry points that contribute to improving the nutrition situation for households.
- Represent WFP in key nutrition technical forums and other collaborative platforms at the area office that will support the nutrition integration agenda aligned to the Country Strategic Plan and Annual Work Plans developed.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Three (3) years post graduate relevant experience with master’s degree in nutrition, Public Health, Food Systems and Transformation, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
- Five (5) years of post-graduate professional experience with a first university degree in nutrition, Public Health, Food Systems and Transformation, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least four (4) years of experience working in humanitarian contexts.
- Must have operational experience supporting or managing nutrition emergency responses in different contexts, including familiarity with integrated management of acute malnutrition /community-based management of acute malnutrition, simplified approaches, and prevention programming.
- Field experience with the United Nations or non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically engage with government and partners, to develop and implement multi-sectoral programmes.
- Experience in transitioning targeted supplementary feeding programme implementation to the government will be an added advantage.
Applications for this position will close at 11:59 p.m. (East African Time) on 3rd December 2023.